IGNORED

Issues with mobile app

Mike W

For the last few weeks every time I try to open the mobile app I get an "Invalid License" error message.  It continues to say "This forum is currently not available on this app. Please contact the forum administrator."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mike.

2 hours ago, Mike W said:

For the last few weeks every time I try to open the mobile app I get an "Invalid License" error message.  It continues to say "This forum is currently not available on this app. Please contact the forum administrator."

Is anyone else having this problem?

Mike.

Hey @Mike W, we are moving away from publishing our own app.  If you are looking for something to keep in touch on your mobile device you can connect using your mobile browser or there are 3rd party apps that can connect as well.  Do a search in your app store of choice for "Tapatalk" and it will give you the option to add our site.

Mike

• Like 1

By the way, if this is too much of a pain please let me know.  The reasons we are stepping away from our own branded app are due to updates and cost.  The application required a monthly obligation (on my part) and the development was getting expensive to maintain (Apple and Google both have annual developer fees).  Requirements are changing just about every year and it also takes a lot of time to catch up and keep it active.  From what I saw, we have less than 10 people using it and the investment didn't make much sense.

Our website also works in a mobile web browser just fine too.  It was designed to scale automatically to fit any device (responsive design).  Native notifications are also on the way, even without an application.

• Like 1

Mike as you know I had the same issue until you pointed me to Tapatalk. Well I find it hard to get used to. I have reverted to  going directly to the webpage. That makes all three of my devices look the same. I suppose I should devote some time to Tapatalk. 

34 minutes ago, 7tooZ said:

Mike as you know I had the same issue until you pointed me to Tapatalk. Well I find it hard to get used to. I have reverted to  going directly to the webpage. That makes all three of my devices look the same. I suppose I should devote some time to Tapatalk. 

Tapatalk is good for basic integration to the site (the same was true about our mobile app).  But, the full effect is to use the webpage directly.

How is it working for you?  I don't interact with the site much on mobile devices.  That trend seems to be changing though...

So what I liked about the “APP” was it was easy, quick and went straight to what I wanted to see “unread posts” and I used it approximately 80% of the time I spent on the site from my iPad or iphone.  More detailed work I did on my HP laptop. 

Today from all of my devises I use a password storage site called “LastPass” that launches the Webpage with my user name and password and requires a thumb print on the iPad and the iPhone. 

No need to waste your time or money just for me. 

Keep up good work

ps just checked in on the white 72 on BAT: $40K and 7 days to go. Wahoooooo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7tooZ said:

So what I liked about the “APP” was it was easy, quick and went straight to what I wanted to see “unread posts” and I used it approximately 80% of the time I spent on the site from my iPad or iphone.  More detailed work I did on my HP laptop. 

Today from all of my devises I use a password storage site called “LastPass” that launches the Webpage with my user name and password and requires a thumb print on the iPad and the iPhone. 

No need to waste your time or money just for me. 

Keep up good work

ps just checked in on the white 72 on BAT: $40K and 7 days to go. Wahoooooo

If we get enough people to use it, I'll bring the app back to life...  on average, it's about $300 a year in costs... (not including my programming time)

I've been trying to evaluate different ways to reduce costs (and raise funding, of course) for the long term  ?  

:bunny:

Nope but I would own it if I could. I was blown out of the bidding before placing a bid. I love white cars just bought the wife a white XC60. Had an off white 2000 roadster that someone borrowed and didn’t return. Still hope it will show up some day. 

Ps wouldn’t mine owning that bright colored one who own?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I've been away for a while.  I was one of the ten mobile app users, I guess.  It came in handy for looking up info while in my shop (no wifi).  I understand wanting to drop the app, especially if it isn't being used by many.  I tried Tapatalk.  But it refuses to recognize my password for some reason.  I even updated my account info on the web version to make sure they were the same.  Weird.  I guess it's mobile web browser for me!