IGNORED

73 at Copart Boston

Patcon

I saw this on Copart. It might be rusty considering how the inside of the hood looks. Although the inside looks really good. I posted it as a reference since it has already run. It was $5600 before the auction started. I would have posted it earlier but Cody was getting his wisdom teeth out

https://www.copart.com/lot/30378089/

Most of the people checking these cars in weren't even born 10 years after the z was popular. Sometimes that miss helps reduce exposure. I was surprised it got that high before the auction. I was interested in it until it got to $2,000. I would be afraid I would get it here and the bottom of the car would be gone. I don't really want another project but I hate seeing "homeless" Z's

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is from the auction in Boston

image.png

image.png

I believe the distortion above the wheel well, might be rust too

image.png

The door is going to be a mess at the bottom and the rocker and dogleg are going to be a mess.

So a lot of my perspective is just suspicion.

It's a Massachusetts car for starters! The hood is a mess on the inside and looks like salt damage. A lot of the pictures are also taken from angles that don't show the typical rust areas. If the drivers side is this bad, then I figure the passenger side is the same or not far behind it. Also when I see cars get to this point where there are holes in the doors and rockers, then I figure floors are shot and possible front frame rails. So I am assuming it's fairly rusty. It's too bad because the interior looks pretty good. I am not against saving it, but I wouldn't want to start with $7,500 ($6,000 bid, $1,200 fees, $300 shipping)  in the car.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grannyknot said:

So how would this car be put up for sale multiple times in locations so far apart?

My suspicion, is someone bought it and shipped it to Ky. Then they got to look it over and bailed on it. Run it back through the auction and try to limit the damage.

The "greater fools theory"