IGNORED

Engine test stand

Dave WM

1 hour ago, ConVerTT said:

Very cool project!

Two thoughts:  consider widening your base, and lowering the center of gravity...just in case she spins or seizes

Hope this helps!

I designed it that way (high CG) so it would match up with the existing store bought engine holder. On wider, I have limited space so I really wanted the stand to take up no more space than again the existing holder. Your points are well taken though, the plan will be to see about adding some out riggers that are removable to widen the base. Can't do much about the high CG just have to hope its not a issue.

40 minutes ago, Dave WM said:

I designed it that way (high CG) so it would match up with the existing store bought engine holder. On wider, I have limited space so I really wanted the stand to take up no more space than again the existing holder. Your points are well taken though, the plan will be to see about adding some out riggers that are removable to widen the base. Can't do much about the high CG just have to hope its not a issue.

Outriggers are a great idea!  Removable or foldable when you don’t need them!  ?

• 3 weeks later...

not on this video, but I just now hooked up the rail with injectors, and a pressure gauge. static psi about 39-40, applied 17inHg vacuum to FPR, takes it down to about 31 psi. I did not try firing (manually) the injectors, will wait for daylight to do that.

On 3/19/2019 at 9:01 PM, Dave WM said:

got the sparkler working

Just watched your video.  Pretty cool!  Also a good example of a strong spark.  Noise and color.

I saw the 9 volt battery there and thought that you were going to use it to trigger the module.  Probably could have if you didn't have a spare distributor.

just yaking with Jeff about it. I so want to go out there and give the dizzy a twirl to see if the injector will click. I got the garage all cleaned up to keep the boss happy, got her car back inside. Will prob try the injectors tomorrow at lunch, then may grab some stuff I need to finish up from JSM (jeff). Thinking some kind of muffler hookup and a radiator.