IGNORED

Engine compartment hoses

z8987

Depends on what you want it to look like and to what extent you are replacing them. (IE: if you are deleting emissions and coolant lines to the carbs)

If you are after the original style braided hose look there is really only 1 source. Be advised that going this route will cost you some greenbacks. :ermm:

You'll have to scroll through the pages to see all the items, as they are not all in one kit----although supposedly you can save a few dollars by ordering this "value kit":

"https://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/hoses-pipes-valves-nissan-datsun-fairlady-240z-260z-280z-280zx/products/original-style-engine-bay-hose-set-for-datsun-240z 

https://jdm-car-parts.com/collections/hoses-pipes-valves-nissan-datsun-fairlady-240z-260z-280z-280zx

Smooth rubber can be had, but you will have to get what you need from multiple other sources---such as Zcardepot that Zed Head posted above. MSA (Motorsports) is another. I don't know of anyone who sells all the hoses needed in one place.

• Like 1

I went the rubber route and I think I used 3/8" on supply side and 1/4" on return, carbs and float vents. Same sizes at the tank. All Gates brand E85 rated from O'Reilly's and they fit just fine. Sorry I can't look, the car is 300+ miles away and I won't be there until the end of April.

IMG_20180102_172736.jpg

Edited by w3wilkes

18 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

I went the rubber route and I think I used 3/8" on supply side and 1/4" on return, carbs and float vents. Same sizes at the tank. All Gates brand E85 rated from O'Reilly's and they fit just fine. Sorry I can't look, the car is 300+ miles away and I won't be there until the end of April.

IMG_20180102_172736.jpg

Beautiful 

Just checked the K&N web site and they say the fittings on the pump I used from MSA is 5/16" so I may have used 5/16's and 3/8" for supply and return respectively. At any rate, the Gates hose from O'Reilly's was cheap.

I used this pump

https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-3078

It's a K&N 81-402. Here's how I mounted it

8 hours ago, z8987 said:

Beautiful 

I was out working on my carbs and I thought of this picture.  How did you get your engine so clean looking. I know I cold polish it, but I don't think that would look good.  This is a great looking engine.  Did you make that air cleaner ? 

I used Purple Power a couple of years ago

https://www.amazon.com/4320P-Industrial-Strength-Cleaner-Degreaser/dp/B002HU5N4O

Spray on, let sit for a few minutes and then hit it with a power washer. then used a small brass brush on the valve cover, intake and balance tube.

The prior (original) owner kept it pretty clean. After I bought the car in 1991 we did full body and paint in 1992. It is a color change. We pulled just about everything but the engine from the engine bay, wrapped the engine in paper and shot the engine bay door and hatch jambs. Here's an old picture taken while we were putting stuff back in the engine bay. You can see that the engine was kept pretty clean all along. The windshield was pulled before the exterior was sprayed.

240Z New Color in Engine Well and Jams.jpg

It got parked in 2002 with a carb issue and with other priorities the car ended up sitting in the garage for 14 years. Fast forward to late 2016 the wife said... You need to do something with the Z. Spring, summer and into fall of 2017 was spent getting it running again with several upgrades. Many new items, air filter, radiator and electric fans, silicone radiator hoses, heater hoses (boy was that fun) ZTherapy rebuilt carbs, replaced frozen rear wheel cylinders, cap and rotor (did the electronic zx distributor swap back in early 2002), plug wires, all new rubber for fuel lines, tank dropped cleaned and lined, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/Magnaflow resonator and muffler, clutch master and slave cylinder, 60 amp alternator internally regulated conversion, headlight relay conversion, headlights and all exterior map glove box and dome bulbs changed to LED, electric fuel pump, new A/C compressor (A/C still needs to be finished), new seats from a '77 Z so I could have the seat tilt lever with new foam and leather, shift and E-brake boots leather, new wheels and tires.

Here's the air filter https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/11-3023 

Edited by w3wilkes