IGNORED

240z - fabbing new front rails

ConVerTT

37 minutes ago, ConVerTT said:

Haha - be careful - it’s a sickness.  It all started when someone gave me a Dremel tool for my birthday....?

I would love a little more explanation on how you made that backer plate patch panel

I would love a little more explanation on how you made that backer plate patch panel

As the booking agent for Kent’s shop, we will be organizing a three day ZCon Calgary event this summer for shop demos, select huge horsepower burnouts and track events in any of his Porsche, Nissan, or NSX whips, followed by an Alberta BBQ for the record books...
Interested parties PM me with your PayPal info and I will send an invoice for an absurd amount of money to pull this off.... [emoji2957]
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, wheee! said:

As the booking agent for Kent’s shop, we will be organizing a three day ZCon Calgary event this summer for shop demos, select huge horsepower burnouts and track events in any of his Porsche, Nissan, or NSX whips, followed by an Alberta BBQ for the record books...
Interested parties PM me with your PayPal info and I will send an invoice for an absurd amount of money to pull this off.... emoji2957.png

Sounds good, but I need to use a post dated check in lieu of PayPal!!!

27 minutes ago, wheee! said:

Interested parties PM me with your PayPal info and I will send an invoice for an absurd amount of money to pull this off.... emoji2957.png

Tours are free!  Burnouts ...  have to charge ?

For the Nissan guys ...Greg and Seb from SpecialtyZ will be back in Edmonton for Dynopalooza 2019 in June.  I think there will be old roadsters all the way through new GTRs this year.  I  probably won’t have a car there this year, but it is still a good time ...

• Like 1

Stepped on this and went a$$ over tea kettle yesterday ....

99B0A1DF-D08A-4556-9A01-A244C16BD018.jpeg

Just about broke my neck.  I didn’t realize how well the flecks of rust and paint strip made the tote match the pattern in the floor.

So - I’ll take the warning sign.  No “work” today - time to clean up the shop a bit ....

1 hour ago, ConVerTT said:

Stepped on this and went a$$ over tea kettle yesterday ....

99B0A1DF-D08A-4556-9A01-A244C16BD018.jpeg

Just about broke my neck.  I didn’t realize how well the flecks of rust and paint strip made the tote match the pattern in the floor.

So - I’ll take the warning sign.  No “work” today - time to clean up the shop a bit ....

Yeah, that's a good way to get hurt. I don't bounce the way I use to and that concrete gets harder every year!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Patcon said:

Sure.  I didn’t take many pics but here is one of my failed first attempt ....

DB4E8DB2-15BF-4143-8931-EDD69DB84663.jpeg

I basically made a pattern of the backing plate and traced it onto a flat piece of metal and then used the bead roller to roll in the angles.  Then I trimmed the edges to match the original.

So what’s wrong with this one?  

1) bent it the wrong direction  ?‍♂️ (basically it’s now for the LHS instead of the RHS) and

2) started too close to the edge so wouldn’t have been able to trim it up properly anyways ?‍♂️ 

Oh well - all part of the “fun” right?

• Like 2