IGNORED

Early Canadian L24 for sale

zKars

Some of you may remember I had dragged home an early (70) Canadian 240 from the weeds in North Alberta over a year ago and I salvaged pretty much everything but the shell. The VIN was 2744 I think?. The thing was all matching numbers.  The chassis is no more, it was beyond repair for all but the most dedicated restorer. I fell out of the driver side of the car as I leaned over to get out and the rocker disentigrated and the seat tipped over and deposited me on the floor. Yes, that bad.

I would dearly love to rid myself of the engine that is taking up valuable space in my cramped shop. It is a Canadian specific spec engine, no air pump and correspondingly no air injectors on the exhaust manifold, smooth balance tube. E31, all original as far as I can see.

It could go to a deserving home for embarrassing small amounts of nearly worthless Canadian loonies (like a large handful). I will be lazy for the moment and suggest I'm not interested in shipping it anywhere other than within Alberta, where I will happily drive it within 3-4 hours of in the back of my truck and push it off the tail gate for you for the price of my gas and lunch. Not a McDonalds cheeseburger, I'm talking fancy, like Wendy's. 

Surely someone out there would rather have it sitting in their shop rather than mine.  I have also very rare matching gas tank that has fewer vents than usual, as these cars did not have the evap recovery tank and piping either.  Make yourself a rare Canadian spec Z. You can do it. 

Let me know if you're interested at z240@shaw.ca

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I'm looking for an early L24 block (E31 block) in the range: L24-015XXX or very close.

Hi Gav240z, are you sure about that range. I have two 065XX VIN cars and the engine numbers are both in the  009xxx range.

015xxx would be much later. zKars engine was from 02744 and should have a 00xxxx block number. Perhaps you need 0015xx?

I have an E31 block, number 009885 from a 70 that is available if that suits your range.

I agree. Gav you will need an Oct 1970 240z engine from North America.

L24-15XXX numbered engines would have been installed on some North American 240z's in Oct of 1970.

The chassis would have been ~ HLS30-111XX to HLS30-117XX

I wish I had one for you.  I'll take a look at the pile of engines we have in the barns.

26 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Hi Gav240z, are you sure about that range. I have two 065XX VIN cars and the engine numbers are both in the  009xxx range.

015xxx would be much later. zKars engine was from 02744 and should have a 00xxxx block number. Perhaps you need 0015xx?

I have an E31 block, number 009885 from a 70 that is available if that suits your range.

Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion. I am not well versed on North American VIN vs engine No.s. I spend most of my time compiling HS30 data.

But yes it would be an October 70 block.

19 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I agree. Gav you will need an Oct 1970 240z engine from North America.

L24-15XXX numbered engines would have been installed on some North American 240z's in Oct of 1970.

The chassis would have been ~ HLS30-111XX to HLS30-117XX

I wish I had one for you.  I'll take a look at the pile of engines we have in the barns.

No problem, I still have a few local options to explore also!

• 2 weeks later...

The engine and other early goodies are off to their new owner in Ontario. Sale is closed.

He has been informed of "our' existence and will hopefully make an appearance. He is restoring a 69 build date Z.

On a related note, the buyer shopped for various shipping companies to move the palette bearing the engine (and other related items), and found FastFreight to be the cheapest. Within Canada only, but to give you an idea, the quote for a standard palette holding 400 lbs from Calgary to Toronto-ish was under $200. Others were asking north of $800. All I had to do was strap the engine and other items to the palette and make the call to schedule the pickup. We'll see how 'fast' they are and what shape things are in when they arrive.

Edited by zKars
  • Like 4