zKars

Early Canadian L24 for sale

Some of you may remember I had dragged home an early (70) Canadian 240 from the weeds in North Alberta over a year ago and I salvaged pretty much everything but the shell. The VIN was 2744 I think?. The thing was all matching numbers.  The chassis is no more, it was beyond repair for all but the most dedicated restorer. I fell out of the driver side of the car as I leaned over to get out and the rocker disentigrated and the seat tipped over and deposited me on the floor. Yes, that bad.

I would dearly love to rid myself of the engine that is taking up valuable space in my cramped shop. It is a Canadian specific spec engine, no air pump and correspondingly no air injectors on the exhaust manifold, smooth balance tube. E31, all original as far as I can see.

It could go to a deserving home for embarrassing small amounts of nearly worthless Canadian loonies (like a large handful). I will be lazy for the moment and suggest I'm not interested in shipping it anywhere other than within Alberta, where I will happily drive it within 3-4 hours of in the back of my truck and push it off the tail gate for you for the price of my gas and lunch. Not a McDonalds cheeseburger, I'm talking fancy, like Wendy's. 

Surely someone out there would rather have it sitting in their shop rather than mine.  I have also very rare matching gas tank that has fewer vents than usual, as these cars did not have the evap recovery tank and piping either.  Make yourself a rare Canadian spec Z. You can do it. 

Let me know if you're interested at z240@shaw.ca

• Haha 1

hmmm..... I have three L28's already.... time to collect em' all? lol

• Like 1

Terrapin, I think I have a buyer already. I'll let you know it falls through.

4 hours ago, zKars said:

Terrapin, I think I have a buyer already. I'll let you know it falls through.

Thanks.

Can I know the engine number please?

I'm looking for an early L24 block (E31 block) in the range: L24-015XXX or very close.

Edited by Gav240z

4 hours ago, Gav240z said:

I'm looking for an early L24 block (E31 block) in the range: L24-015XXX or very close.

Hi Gav240z, are you sure about that range. I have two 065XX VIN cars and the engine numbers are both in the  009xxx range.

015xxx would be much later. zKars engine was from 02744 and should have a 00xxxx block number. Perhaps you need 0015xx?

I have an E31 block, number 009885 from a 70 that is available if that suits your range.

I agree. Gav you will need an Oct 1970 240z engine from North America.

L24-15XXX numbered engines would have been installed on some North American 240z's in Oct of 1970.

The chassis would have been ~ HLS30-111XX to HLS30-117XX

I wish I had one for you.  I'll take a look at the pile of engines we have in the barns.

26 minutes ago, Terrapin Z said:

Hi Gav240z, are you sure about that range. I have two 065XX VIN cars and the engine numbers are both in the  009xxx range.

015xxx would be much later. zKars engine was from 02744 and should have a 00xxxx block number. Perhaps you need 0015xx?

I have an E31 block, number 009885 from a 70 that is available if that suits your range.

Sorry didn't mean to cause confusion. I am not well versed on North American VIN vs engine No.s. I spend most of my time compiling HS30 data.

But yes it would be an October 70 block.

19 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

I agree. Gav you will need an Oct 1970 240z engine from North America.

L24-15XXX numbered engines would have been installed on some North American 240z's in Oct of 1970.

The chassis would have been ~ HLS30-111XX to HLS30-117XX

I wish I had one for you.  I'll take a look at the pile of engines we have in the barns.

No problem, I still have a few local options to explore also!