IGNORED

75 280Z Garage Sale (with 77/78 parts also)

OB's 280Z

@wheee! @wal280z 

Below are the pictures from measuring the door panels tonight. First is off my 75 280z, the second is of the door cards. @wal280z Thank you again for stepping in. It is clear that these are 77/78 door cards. 

I apologize for the mislabeling. I was under the impression that these were direct swaps for the 75. That is on me for not measuring the distance and being aware of that difference.  I've updated the listing.

Thank you again for the insight!

-Chris

IMG_0806.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

• Thanks 1

Did I miss something or were those the correct earlier door cards. I thought the later ones were more than 5 1/2" from the door edge? I'm so confused!!!

His original pics did not show the detail of the door lock position. I supplied pics of a tape measure with the correct position. He measured his car (correct original cards) and then the spare cards (77’s) and they were not the same.

Once again, the elusive unicorn door cards elude me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wheee! said:

His original pics did not show the detail of the door lock position. I supplied pics of a tape measure with the correct position. He measured his car (correct original cards) and then the spare cards (77’s) and they were not the same.

Once again, the elusive unicorn door cards elude me.

I missed the second picture. I saw the first one with the correct dimension. I will keep my eyes open for them. What kind of shape do they need to be in?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 10:59 AM, OB's 280Z said:

Pictures 3/5

LIGHTS1A.jpg

LIGHTS2A.jpg

I noticed that the top picture is from a 75 (possibly even 76?) I'm not exactly sure when they changed the connectors from the smaller size to the larger size connector blocks.

The lower picture is for a 77 or 78.

10 pin connector is the give-away for model fitment.

Edited by wal280z
clarification in bold
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patcon said:

I missed the second picture. I saw the first one with the correct dimension. I will keep my eyes open for them. What kind of shape do they need to be in?

That's just it. As good as the OP's at least and reasonable price, otherwise I will go and have custom door cards made and rebuild the backings where the speakers had been cut in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wal280z said:

I noticed that the top picture is from a 75 (possibly even 76?) I'm not exactly sure when they changed the connectors from the smaller size to the larger size connector blocks.

The lower picture is for a 77 or 78.

10 pin connector is the give-away for model fitment.

I'll have to crawl under the 75 tonight and check. I'll update the second to reflect 77/78.

Soon I'll be asking for your address to send a case of beer! 

-Chris

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OB's 280Z said:

Soon I'll be asking for your address to send a case of beer! 

-Chris

Woohoo! I work for beer!

I've got to check all of my nooks and crannys, (I'm thinking I already have a spare set), but those door cards are looking better and better to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

image.png

Chris,

Sorry again to be the bearer of bad news, but the 'evap canister' you list is actually a vaccuum reservoir for 75-78 with factory installed A/C.

Your example is probably the best I have seen.

I'm still talking to Peter to be able to put off Paul to get them door cards....

11 minutes ago, wal280z said:

Woohoo! I work for beer!

I've got to check all of my nooks and crannys, (I'm thinking I already have a spare set), but those door cards are looking better and better to me.

What happened to the old set of 75 cards you mistakenly ordered the first time?

• Like 1

Sorry Mark,

Those went away a few years ago. Those were super NICE...  Now I'm having sellers remorse.... I could have doubled my money selling to you (which would be half of what the OP is selling his now)..... I digress...

IIRC, I grabbed a ton of stuff off that '76 that was in the junkyard (I made monthly trips to the Eastern Shore, and took a looooong lunch). After 4 visits, the fifth visit came up empty as the man crushed that car.

• Like 1