IGNORED

Z Car store vs motorsport rear disc kit

Elliott000

That's why I'm having all this conversation. I priced out rebuilding the stock setup drums and to get new wheel cylinders is like 500 bucks alone! Hence the disc deal, I probably don't "need" a stage 4 kit as I won't be tracking the car but I do want a combo that works good. I just have a hard time pulling a 1000 bucks out just for rear brakes, but it is what it is. I'm always abeleiver in stopping power, I'm Gunna geek out and read lots today, maybe I'll find another smaller set up that's effective. But I think no matter what I'm committed to at least 400 bucks for the brackets etc. It does seem thier package deal is cheaper then piecing the mustang job together locally. I might blow my wad on front and rear brakes, bearings, bushings then ill be outfitted for a full roller and be left wihh getting the stock engine online for inspection. Stand down on the rb desires for a yr

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Elliott000 said:

That's why I'm having all this conversation. I priced out rebuilding the stock setup drums and to get new wheel cylinders is like 500 bucks alone! Hence the disc deal, I probably don't "need" a stage 4 kit as I won't be tracking the car but I do want a combo that works good. I just have a hard time pulling a 1000 bucks out just for rear brakes, but it is what it is. I'm always abeleiver in stopping power, I'm Gunna geek out and read lots today, maybe I'll find another smaller set up that's effective. But I think no matter what I'm committed to at least 400 bucks for the brackets etc. It does seem thier package deal is cheaper then piecing the mustang job together locally. I might blow my wad on front and rear brakes, bearings, bushings then ill be outfitted for a full roller and be left wihh getting the stock engine online for inspection. Stand down on the rb desires for a yr

That's actually not a bad idea. Many people get the cart before the horse when they get the extra horsepower before they get the extra braking. Much wiser to improve the braking then improve the "Go"

• Like 1

I did it, I but the bullet and went all out. Silvermine stage 4 all around and 15/16 master cylinder.... In terms of replacement pieces and pads, the fronts are the Toyota 4runner calipers but I would like to confirm what the rears are exactly, i emailed the guy to hopefully confirm.

5 minutes ago, Elliott000 said:

I did it, I but the bullet and went all out. Silvermine stage 4 all around and 15/16 master cylinder

I priced out that kit last night as individual pieces  and the price Silvermine is asking is pretty much on the dot, so it's a good deal to get it all bundled like that. It might be a good idea to get a drop box in Blaine, Washington and drive over to pick it up, UPS/FEDX will rape you on that order.

1 hour ago, Elliott000 said:

Good to go on that, I have a box in point roberts. Ordered some motorsport stuff too in the way of carpet and seat kits. I'll claim that cheaper order and smuggle the silvermine one haha.

Have you considered the Arizona Z Car setup? $795 and he has a new setup for using the Wilwood rear park brake too for this kit. I have a set of these and they are awesome looking units. I am waiting for the park brake setup to arrive to install them. The fronts are already on my car.

image.png