IGNORED

Shops near N.J. that replate yellow chromate parts

jharmon

Can't help you with the info for a NJ shop, and unfortunately, the search for "plating" will bring up plate as well, making the search very tedious.

You can search the site using google, by including "site:classiczcars.com^plating", without the " and replacing the ^ with a space.

Also, if you have done your research, that's great, if not, here's some reading material for ya...

@Patcon @grannyknot @26th-Z are a few members here that have re-plated parts. Apologies for leaving others out.

Edited by wal280z
clarification

Pioneer metal finishing has potential. They look like a small operation. No website

DF Enterprise might too. No website

Tomken looks too big

Elkem is out

New Brunswick Plating maybe, you would have to call

Deptford plating has potential

My 2 cents,

I don't care what the building looks like or if no one has teeth. All I care about is what the plating looks like and what does it cost!

• Like 1

I know you asked for info on chromate plating.  There has been quite a bit discussion on this site recently about whether Nissan used chromate or yellow zinc plating.  I think the consensus is Nissan used yellow zinc and clear zinc for plated parts, not chromate.  Just FYI, your car and your choice as always.  Examples of recent yellow zinc replating:

100_3158.JPG

• Like 3

@Zup - Jim, thanks for the kind words.  I get all my plating done locally at a commercial facility, they know me by sight.  I've found that its all about the prep work beforehand.  Recall the old IT saying - GI-GO.  Lots of wire wheel and Dremel work to remove rust, scale, ...whatever.  Even a bit of wet sanding when required, straighten anything bent, ...etc.  Its a great hobby and I enjoy seeing good parts get a second life.  Not the least, the hours keep me off the streets at night! ROFL

Jim

• Like 1