IGNORED

WTB 280Z Volts/Fuel Gauge

SoCalJim

5 hours ago, zKars said:

I seem to have 150 Amp-Fuel gauges, but only a single, and clearly valuable, Volt-Fuel gauge.  PM me.

IMG_4056.JPG

That looks like it came out of a 1976 280Z

For 1977 & 1978, Nissan changed the font style (at least for US Spec cars, not sure about for other markets)

@SoCalJim I looked and looked for my spare gauges and all I could find were tachs and speedos, er, speedometers. Sheesh.

But, thanks for posting your ad - in the searching I found my box of combination switches!!!

20181004_165458.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's going to take some wiring modifications.  I've seen a few threads on this, but I'm not sure they are all completely applicable as the car years varied, and sometimes the modifications also included the alternator and voltage regulator.  I'm going to keep my original alternator and external voltage regulator for now.  So, when I complete this mod (at the time I get a replacement dash cover), I'll write up what I did  to make it work and include a wiring diagram.  This will show a 1975 Z, with the 1976 voltmeter/fuel gauge, given the stock alternator and stock external voltage regulator.  I'll also show how the charging light in the gauge is connected, since it's a separate circuit.