IGNORED

Removing Clock Arms

TomoHawk

I have a set of new gauge faces for my  1978 280Z, and I started with the clock, since it seems to be the simplest gauge.

But, the arms don't want to come off easily, like the pointer for the speed meter will.

Is there a trick to getting the clock arms off?  IIRC, the speed meter and rev counter pointer will come off easily, and the other gauges (volts/fuel,  and oil/water) have enough room under the pointers to slip the labels under.

That's what I did.  It seemed to be 'rusted on" a bit, so I turned the arms slightly to break them free, and they came off.  I just wish those little screws holding the rubberized bracket to the case would come off, so I could pull the clockworks out to paint the inside.

I'll paint it anyway- very slowly!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TomoHawk said:

...  I just wish those little screws holding the rubberized bracket to the case would come off, so I could pull the clockworks out to paint the inside.

I'll paint it anyway- very slowly!

That's too bad...  I've taken apart several clocks and I've always been able to get the mechanism loose and away from  the case.

I've painted all my gauge cases white inside and it's amazing what it does for gauge illumination!  I've never need higher wattage bulbs in my 260Z...