IGNORED

Replacement Headlight wiring with relays

Woody928

Hi all,

I'm hoping that you can help me out, I've noted that the wiring around my 240z headlights isn't the best and I've recently had a couple of issues with my headlights. Notwithstanding this I'm also conscious of the age of the wiring and from what I've read the load that is being exerted on the cars combination switch. The car does get driven at night so I'm looking to upgrade the wiring and take the load out of the system with some plug and play wiring with relays if possible. 

I've seen a couple of different options online from different vendors however I wasn't sure if someone could point me in the right direction as what may be the best setup/value for money given my complete lack of electrical knowledge? I'm hoping for a plug and play solution if possible...  

Many thanks in advance, Mark 

It would seem the amp meter would not reflect the current draw of the headlights, if that matters, with the power coming directly off the battery post. I can't recall how hard it would be to tap into the shunt to make the amp meter function like it should.

3 hours ago, Woody928 said:

Quick question, are his response times usually pretty good? Still not heard anything back yet... 

You can always tag Dave @Zs-ondabrainhere. I'll ping him on FB, too.

Update: Dave responded to me on FB. He'll probably see this thread in a little while.

Edited by SteveJ
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Woody928 said:

Quick question, are his response times usually pretty good? Still not heard anything back yet... 

Mark,

Sorry about that. Between Yahoo and the site host,  it can be a battle to get some emails. 

Please email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to answer all your questions, including prices and shipping.

• Like 4

On 9/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, SteveJ said:

You can always tag Dave @Zs-ondabrainhere. I'll ping him on FB, too.

Update: Dave responded to me on FB. He'll probably see this thread in a little while.

Thank you ?

On 9/13/2018 at 3:58 AM, Zs-ondabrain said:

Mark,

Sorry about that. Between Yahoo and the site host,  it can be a battle to get some emails. 

Please email me at wolfin32z@yahoo.com and I'll be happy to answer all your questions, including prices and shipping.

No worries thanks for getting in touch. Just dropped you an email ?