Reproduction headlight covers - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Reproduction headlight covers

Featured Replies

  • Author
9 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Are they metal or chromed plastic One of the interior frame pics doesn't really look like metal

It's metal. Not steel so it won't rust. 

  • Author
15 hours ago, newtonhubcap said:

I would be interested in set. Please put me on list to contact when available.
Thank you.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile
 

I'm working on it. will have an email set up for this item.

 

 

Looking forward to the finished product.  I had heard through a friend that you were getting close.  Do you plan on offering the hardware to attach them to the buckets?  

Is there some type of gasket to seal the cover?

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

Is there some type of gasket to seal the cover?

If none is included with these covers, the Big Box hardware stores sell narrow foam insulation on a roll that works quite nicely on earlier versions of the cover metal trim produced by others.

Dennis

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I would use Rivnuts to anchor them.

  • Author

I’m working on the foam

It will come with hardware. 

 

Edited by theguppies

  • Author

Updated with more testing. This pair has seals and screwed onto the headlight bucket. 

 

DF5EBAF5-DA70-44C8-A65C-DE26B23F71C1.jpeg

843CDBAC-865A-47B3-B61B-70264347B9DF.jpeg

5E4205CC-6BCA-4BB9-8816-1B5BC3E9CF7A.jpeg

09571019-72EC-4432-A1D6-662DFDE37D19.jpeg

781499AE-F0AD-412F-9304-8EACE62067F3.jpeg

041555CB-011B-4609-A9AF-D0E0690EAD85.jpeg

Wow, nice fit!  They look great!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.