IGNORED

Metal Throttle linkage Ball Joints?

TomoHawk

I took off the link from the torsion rod to the throttle, and I noticed it doesn't have threads!  Is that correct?  it is just a fixed-length rod that pushes down on the throttle arm, which has its own return spring, so I'd say it doesn't need to be threaded, but I wanted to make it longer to help with the throttle sticking partly open.

https://midwestcontrol.com/shop/DMCBH-5?search=Ball joint M5

They have several styles and they fit on the stock 8mm ball ends. I've used them to create custom throttle solutions for triples and cable throttle replacements for SU's and triples.

Unfortunately they don't have anything with M4 threads like the originals, so you have to buy M5 threaded rod and make up completely new rods. You could fill the M5 threads in these ball ends with epoxy and re-drill and tap to M4 I suppose if you just HAD to use the stock rods.

I'm just feeling some concern about the plastic balljoints;  plastic ages and gets brittle, and the old Japanese plastic used on the Zed is a good example of that.  Fortunately, you only need gentle pressure to operate the throttle, so I would collect the parts as you get the money, and switch them as you go.

• 3 years later...

I used these work perfect with the stock ball ends. I did use new linkage bar uxcell CS8 Rod End Ball Bearing with Stud, Right-Hand Female Thread M5x0.8, Right-Hand Male Thread M5x0.8, Self-lubricating Carbon Steel Ball Socket Endfitting 4pcs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0742976BG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_QSRTTCXTPPTED0K5S0MB?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by Daluvian

You bought the last ones.. haha.. because it now says..

Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

(I just wanted to see the steel ones.. i don't need new ones because the old plastic ones are due to lower temp. overhere still very good..)

It was a old post but still thanks for the link..