IGNORED

wish to rebuild 240z!

CableSrv

The first 280ZX turbos came out in'82 (I believe) and ended in '84. Don't quote me on this as I'm not a big fan of the ZX's. But it was the in the last few years of the 280ZX's. As for the P-90 head, you got me on that one.

Try checking out Brian Little's "Datsun Z Garage" website. He has a really good breakdown list of which heads came out in which years and which blocks came in which years. His site used to be on earthlink but it has moved and I don't have access to where it's at right now. I'll try to post it tomorrow....

His site also has some pretty good tips on building up a good strong L28 motor. Good reading at least.

p-90 and the p-90a heads were on the 82-84 280zx's although i have never seen a p-90 i understand that they do exist and are a solid lifter version of the p-90a. As far as building a stroker turbo motor on a budget, well that will be tough unless you have your own machine shop and the knowhow...as far as how much boost it depends on what rod and piston combo you run, and i can't help you there. I suggest contacting Rebello Racing...or D.L. Potter. Good Luck...

If anybody is interested, I have a copy of a program from one of the Z clubs in Australia that calculates engine specifics based on changes in head, pistons, head gasket, etc. from the L24 up to an L31. Pretty cool program that used to have a link to, but I can't get it to work.

If you would like a copy of it, I can email it to you.

{Moderator} I don't know if there is a way to attach files to this site for others to download or not, any help?

My email is: kens240z@hotmail.com

Just ask for the engine calculator

YAY!

I might be getting a 240Z soon to rebuild.

found it for 1600 with a 82 L28 block and P90 head :D

with 4 speed manual.

also with a r180 rear end

SU carburetors where rebuilt and still balanced

still runs great!

YAY!

i can already say i'm happy :D

• 5 years later...

The 280ZX was manufactured from 1979 until 1983. I believe the turbos were available 1981 to 1983. I have a P90 (not P90A) head, they are frequently listed on eBay. I think the P90A was on the 1983 turbo version. I've heard less good things about this because of the hydraulic lifters, although I've heard they can be converted.

YAY!

I might be getting a 240Z soon to rebuild.

found it for 1600 with a 82 L28 block and P90 head :D

with 4 speed manual.

also with a r180 rear end

SU carburetors where rebuilt and still balanced

still runs great!

YAY!

i can already say i'm happy :D

5-Speed, and a r200 diff, brake upgrade are going to be mandatory.

If you want SERIOUS numbers, do a V8 or RB motor swap. Other wise, L28 stoker is going to be extremely expensive with a turbo, or even triple carb.

Emissions, you are going to be fine. Even with the new motor you will not have to go through emissions. Don't worry about the motor swap because they aren't even going to know about it.

I myself have the L24 and want to stoke it to 2.7L, and triple carb it. The prices don't look pretty, but I am not looking for a monster beast in power, and just want to do this because no one else has really done it.

Even if I only get a 50hp increase, I will be happy. 200hp in a 2300lbs car is a lot of power to be pushing.