IGNORED

Engine Rebuild Plan

wil84911

Replacing the tired 260Z motor in my 71 with 280Z block and head. Will run mild cam, lightweight flywheel, keep the triple Weber 40s. Car street driven and probably some autocrossing.

Would like increased compression. This good?

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory triple Weber 40s headers ext oil cooler Twice pipes Tokico Ilumina Eibach springs frnt/rear sways

Not enough info.  Many piston-combustion chamber combinations.

Was staying stock pistons but open for suggestions.

12/70 260Z motor Mallory dist triple Weber 40s ext oilcooler headers twice pipes Tokico Iluminas Eibach springs frt/rr sways

I tried to link datsunzgarage.com but it goes to some crazy crap.  Don't know what happened but they had a lot of good information on a ZX motor mod for 240s.  A member here, @Diseazd, has 5 of them I think.  It's an F54 flat top piston block bored .030 over with a P79 head shaved .080 with the earlier 280Z valves and Isky cam kit.  A real beast from all I've read from him.

Here's something to play around with, http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign/

Still not enough info

Sorry I’m not well versed on engine internals. I simply have an idea of what I think I want to gain power so please pardon me. I’ve got a friend working on this for me.

Stock 280Z block and head (can’t even tell if early or late) but will be getting stage 2 cam, triple webers dcoe40, lightweight flywheel.

Anything I should be doing/upgrading or can do to add some power without going crazy expensive?

Any other details I need to specify kindly let me know.

IMG_0129.JPG
Heres the block.

IMG_0225.JPG
Heres the N42 head

12/70 260Z motor Mallory dist triple Weber 40s ext oilcooler headers twice pipes Tokico Iluminas Eibach springs frt/rr sways

The engine has a head on it.  Looks like either an N47 or a P79.  Are you sure that's not a 280ZX engine?  If it's an N47 head there's no real benefit to swapping to an N42 head.

It's been very well described all over the Z sites about where the ID numbers are for the engines and heads.  Get those numbers and you'll be way ahead.

The engine has a head on it.  Looks like either an N47 or a P79.  Are you sure that's not a 280ZX engine?  If it's an N47 head there's no real benefit to swapping to an N42 head.
It's been very well described all over the Z sites about where the ID numbers are for the engines and heads.  Get those numbers and you'll be way ahead.

That’s an N42 block with an N47 head which I won’t be using. It will mate with the N42 head in other picture.