IGNORED

Transverse link mounting bars

Elliott000

Do any of you guys have dimensions on these pieces? Its basically the only part I dont have for the car, them and a gas pedal assembly!

I have plenty of various stock at home and for the 25 us plus shipping I could just make them in about an hour if I had dimensoins.... Bolt hole widths are a no brainer since the holes are on the chassis but I need elevation numbers...

https://zcarsource.com/rear-transverse-link-mounting-bar-set-240z-260z-280z-71-78-used

Thanks EH

I have a set off my early 76 280Z that could be restored and used. Not sure of the universality of the part though. Mine were for the R200 diff.

Let me know if your're interested. If you're not in a hurry I could clean them up and powdercoat them for you too.

I also have lots of those link bars and gas pedal assemblies as well.  Let me know

Another option is to get the Suspension techniques rear sway bar kit that comes with a fresh set of those uprights with the extra holes for the sway bar mounts.

BTW they are the same for all S30

Edited by zKars
  • Like 1

Fair enough. Both Jim and I are fairly local and shipping would be more reasonable from here in Canada. My offer stands if he wants a set redone from stock. Free for the cost of shipping of course.

Hey guys thanks for the responses. I was willing to make my own because it would be quick and easy but Zkars if you have a pair and a gas pedal assembly you are willing to part with pm me a price and we can go from there. thanks

Found the gas pedal. One hidden box with some other random stuff but still need link mounts!

Making them would be easy, but you must make them strong enough. The top bend must not unbend easily.  I can certainly provide measurements.

Since Mr Wheee offered first and you no longer need the pedal (the only reason I jumped in there anyway), I take my proper place in line.

All good. Measurements and a napkin sketch work LOL. What the stock one made from like 16 guage ot something? I was goin to use 1/8 or 3/16 and just weld it up. I trust my ability on the non breaking side of things. My broncos held up to a little air time hehe

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Basically its 206 x 90 x 36.4mm

Holes are all 10.85. 7/16 bit would be fine, bit big...  Both sets are 68mm apart, centered across the width.

The size of the radius cutout is not critical, just have to clear the curve of the bushing pocket on the bar it bolts to.

IMG_3453.JPG

IMG_3452.JPG

And before you whacko's ask what's behind the little paper slips on the drawing, it's not dirty. They cover up bleed thru marker lines from the other side. I'm saving the forests by using both sides of the sheet. yay me...

Edited by zKars
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Elliott000 said:

Awesome man. I appreciate those!

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Much easier to just source some. They are hard like spring steel. Not really worth the effort to fabricate