IGNORED

Lowering + Negative Camber Suggestions

Need to lower another 1-2 inches. Also want 2-3 degrees neg camber. What are my options without modifying the shock mounts? BC coilovers? Currently on Iluminas with Bilstein springs. Thanks

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.a914f3772fc7caff4b00357e9ec5f628.JPG

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

Need to lower another 1-2 inches. Also want 2-3 degrees neg camber. What are my options without modifying the shock mounts? BC coilovers? Currently on Iluminas with Bilstein springs. Thanks

IMG_0194.thumb.JPG.a914f3772fc7caff4b00357e9ec5f628.JPG

12/70 2.6 block E88 heads Mallory DCOE40 3/2 Twice pipes Tokico 1, 3/4 in sways, ext oil cooler

BC Coilover can give a couple degrees. Hard to adjust unless you open up your top mounts and put plates on. I bought a donor set of fronts and rear assemblies and welded the BC’s on keeping my originals in storage for a rainy day

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

22 hours ago, wil84911 said:

Currently on Iluminas with Bilstein springs

Never saw Bilstein springs for a Z car before. Didn't know they made them. 

With that wheel and tire set up it does not look like there is much room left to lower anymore.

Never saw Bilstein springs for a Z car before. Didn't know they made them. 
With that wheel and tire set up it does not look like there is much room left to lower anymore.

Haha! Senior moment. Meant Eibach LOL. I am moving to 15 inch rims.

You would then use TTT's NRCA's. Specs as follows from their site.

These Negative Camber RCA's will provide 2.8 degrees of camber on a car dropped 2". On a car dropped 3" they will provide 3.1 degrees of negative camber (these figures are IN ADDITION to the camber your car already has, so if you already have 1.2 degrees of camber at 2" drop, then you would have 4 degrees overall of negative camber)

https://technotoytuning.com/nissan/240z/negative-camber-roll-center-adjusters-240z-260z-and-280z

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Patcon said:

Pretty pieces. Why such a large offset on the hat?

when in the strut, it alters caster and camber, its not as massive as it looks, its come from development of a 'fast road'-'rally' setup, one thats very streetable.  It helps overcome some of the softening down that some of the ROW spec cars suffered from the factory.  I've a US spec early car that suffers from the softer spec given to the USA.

2 hours ago, Jason240z said:

when in the strut, it alters caster and camber, its not as massive as it looks, its come from development of a 'fast road'-'rally' setup, one thats very streetable.  It helps overcome some of the softening down that some of the ROW spec cars suffered from the factory.  I've a US spec early car that suffers from the softer spec given to the USA.

Interesting!

Coil-overs and then just slot the existing strut tower mounts if you want to save money. You can always add camber plates later.

Driving around with more than 2 degrees of front negative camber may not  be to your liking. It requires your full attention and both hands on the wheel.