IGNORED

We're bringin' back the Flat Tops!

motorman7

For what it is worth, knowing that the Hitachi flat tops are an SU HIF design, I did a quick search for SU HIF fuel filter. Did not really turn up much, (other than lots of discussions about how to tune/rebuild those used on later Minis and other British cars)  but did find this plastic looking filter of the same design. If really plastic,  probably not suitable.  

http://sucarb.co.uk/fuel-filter-for-fuel-pump-body.html

su_image-3449_original.jpg

just a thought...

1 hour ago, grannyknot said:

Here are the injector screens, I guess they are too small.

Actually, they look like they may be just right.  The old flat top filter is shown on the earlier pics next to the dime.  The white one above is for a fuel pump and looks to be 3X too large.  Do you have a part number?

Thanks

21 minutes ago, grannyknot said:

I don't have a p/n but they are the standard filter for the fuel injectors on a 280z. If you can find them you are welcome to these, I have 6 used ones but once they are back flushed they are as good as new.

Will take measurement tonight in millimeters.  If they are close I will take you up on your offer, Thanks!

I measured the filter with my calipers. It is .5" (12.7mm) long and .25" (6.4mm)diam.  Those fuel injector filters are pretty doggone close. Will need to open up the small end as the carb filter is open on both sides.  Will do a bit more checking here.  If nothing shows up, I will PM you with my info.

• Like 1

• Mike featured this topic