IGNORED

'71 240Z on eBay with its Original Paint?

lonetreesteve

Built the same month as mine and has a VIN about 1,100 earlier.  I see a few Zs around town, but haven't seen that one,  North Palm Springs is a quirkier place than Palm Springs proper, so. as a buyer, I would ask lots of questions..  I wonder what happened to the chrome trim on the rear heated glass seal and the cargo tie down straps.on the rear deck.

Dennis

1 hour ago, psdenno said:

Built the same month as mine and has a VIN about 1,100 earlier.  I see a few Zs around town, but haven't seen that one,  North Palm Springs is a quirkier place than Palm Springs proper, so. as a buyer, I would ask lots of questions..  I wonder what happened to the chrome trim on the rear heated glass seal and the cargo tie down straps.on the rear deck.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Since you live in the area, if any members here on Classiczcars are interested in making a "Best Offer" on the car, would you be willing to contact the seller and take a look at the car for them? 

3 hours ago, lonetreesteve said:

Hi Dennis,

Since you live in the area, if any members here on Classiczcars are interested in making a "Best Offer" on the car, would you be willing to contact the seller and take a look at the car for them? 

Sure, no problem.  How many of the 32,992 forum members could possibly be interested?

Since I'm sure there are at least 30 or 40 tire kickers on the forum and the temperature in Palm Springs is going to be well over 100º every day this week, some ground rules.

Anyone planning a Best Offer bid and wanting me to look at the Z should:

1.  Contact the seller

2.  Get seller's name, phone #, address, and times available for viewing

3.  PM me with the information to check my availability for contacting seller and looking at the Z

Dennis

Edited by psdenno
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, psdenno said:

Sure, no problem.  How many of the 32,992 forum members could possibly be interested?

Since I'm sure there are at least 30 or 40 tire kickers on the forum and the temperature in Palm Springs is going to be well over 100º every day this week, some ground rules.

Anyone planning a Best Offer bid and wanting me to look at the Z should:

1.  Contact the seller

2.  Get seller's name, phone #, address, and times available for viewing

3.  PM me with the information to check my availability for contacting seller and looking at the Z

Dennis

Sounds reasonable to me.  Hopefully, only serious members who are dying to find a solid 240Z with its original coat of paint and are willing to pay the price for one will come forward.

I'm really doubting that is the original paint.  The engine bay paint is really flat and peeling while the exterior is darker and relatively glossy.  Look at the difference between the firewall and the cowl area and the amount of peeling paint at the bottom of the inside of the hood and the radiator support.  Also what is going on under the battery? 

-Mike

6 hours ago, Mike B said:

I'm really doubting that is the original paint.  The engine bay paint is really flat and peeling while the exterior is darker and relatively glossy.  Look at the difference between the firewall and the cowl area and the amount of peeling paint at the bottom of the inside of the hood and the radiator support.  Also what is going on under the battery? 

-Mike

I don’t know without looking person, but the modern chemical waxes can do a lot to old paint. You can tell the car was detailed around all the emblems as it was missed and can see the flatness of the missed paint.

Also in some shots you can see the flaws in the paint which look original to me. 

Id be curious how to get the 240z stickers off the bottom. Talk about a project!

BEA32919-C75D-4E99-B47B-C7CECB251281.png

55C558F8-1047-4E6E-99DD-96018AA64773.png

Edited by JSM