IGNORED

CRIKEY !!!! we can talk.

1 Bravo 6

Actually, its really a very good beer, and I've tried hundreds of beers!! And I actually brew coopers myself, and it is the best beer, its just hard to try and brew enough!! But it isn't coopers beer, its mine, cause I made it, get me?!:classic: Any beer is really good other than super dry, especially Asahi super dry from Japan...that $^!# makes your mouth akin to a desert!!

Cheers ppl, may the beer flow free and the Z stay truue (how many beers have i had...):love:

Originally posted by Brett240

i might take you up on that, im going on holidays to california in august.

Hmmm, My plans are to have a lot of days off of work in August too. Have plans to be knee deep in Z work (POR on Floor pan, a possible engine swap, & enjoying the warm weather. Let me know if you get to the San Francisco area, OK. There are a couple brew pubs in my town and many more in the SF area.

I actually like Asahi Super Dry. Grolsch from Holland is another favorite of mine. Of course, I've been told that my tastes in beer are not very normal, but, heck I enjoy what I drink and thats the objective, right

I can agree that the micro-brewed west-coast beers are quite nice!

I still have a couple of Deschutes Mirror-Pond Pale Ales in the fridge from my last trip to Oregon, and an Anchor-Steam or two!

Come to think of it, I bought a different beer everytime I went out to a restaurant or the market for groceries.....

:stupid: ROFLLOL

Alfadog,

"Crazy Fool" is not a very apt discription.

"Silly Old Bugger" would probably be closer to the truth.

Yes mate, I did post this subject a month or so back. It's just that I was surprised to find the lights still out in so many places. Just HAD to comment.

Don't know 'bout you, but I find it interesting to see how the subject matter can change.

I started out having a dig at EVERYONE not Oz and now, hear we are comparing BEER.

HEY !!!, ALL YOU DRINKERS!!. So far you have been on about the BEST beer.

What about the WORST beer you've had????

You'd have to go a long, long way to find worse than Ba Me Ba (333), brewed with water straight from the Saigon river with an alcohol content that could vary from one bottle to the next.

"Tiger" beer was pretty crook too.

Rick.

Worst beer I have ever tasted? Dead F#@king easy, my last attempt at home brew peach beer. It seemed like a natural thing to do with 20k's of peaches, only drank half a bottle, and about 6 hours later I was porcelin bus driving ROFL .

Originally posted by Leeroy

have a go of Tooheys 'Old'...I don't like any other Tooheys, but this one is really nice!

Cheers ppl!

I like a bit of the old 50/50. Half Tooheys New and half Tooheys Old. Takes the edge off of the Old which I don't particularly like on it's own.

Normally I drink Tooheys New, Heiniken, Hahn Premium. In no particular order.

Speaking of asian breweries:

We went to a micro-brewery in Shanghai and it wasnt pretty.

Got hooked on the local Tsing-tao beer though, I still buy it if I see it around in Melbourne. To me it tatses like a cross between a Coldie and Hoegaarten (Belgian beer cafe on st. kilda rd and Pavillion on Doncaster Rd a few places with this on tap in Melbourne :) ).

I was told by a waiter that apparently when Shanghai was more an international hotspot many years ago the Germans had a few breweries. When they left the Chinese working there took them over and using the same techniques made their own beer, Tsing- tao. Dont know how accurate the story is, but doesnt sound hard to beleive and answers why it tastes similar to Hoegaarten.

I almost forgot another favorite I should have mentioned as being quite tasty. Lindeman's Lambic / Fruit Ale's made in Belgium. They are made in several varieties including "Kriek" (made with Cherries), "Framboise" (made with Raspberries), and "Peche' " (made with Peaches). These Ales are crafted using spontaneous fermentation, then the fruit is added and the ale undergoes a second fermentation. The bottles sold in the US are both corked AND capped. OH, so good!!

Now I'm thirsty. I think I'll visit Bev Mo today and snag a couple of bottles.

we have by count more brewerys in Portland than any one city in germany. Just a little factoid I just read. there is a chain of pubs owned by the Mac Minamun brothers that are truly great. They are all micro-brues .. If you like Sam A . you will love thereTermenater , Is's alot like Ginnes only not creamy. :love:ROFL If you make it up this way we can make a tour. ROFL