IGNORED

More living room furniture

From the looks of it, #1 piston shows evidence of scarring, possibly from someone using a screwdriver or dipstick to feel TC or TDC.

Its not so bad that I can get a fingernail to grab it, and also the ridges and cylinder walls are nice and smooth.

Would this scarring justify a new piston(of course, it would most likely mean all new pistons).

I'm considering leaving the bottom end alone because I really think its in excellent shape, other than that piston. Compression was up in the 170's even across the board when it was running not too long ago. IMG_20180319_050923.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

I found some 500 grit sandpaper from some bodywork I've been doing on the blue car.  I went at it a bit and couldn't see any burrs or anything, so i''ll take the good advice and run it.  It's covered at this time to prevent foreign objects from getting in the bore while I remove old gasket material, otherwise I'd take a picture after sanding.  That old metal mesh head gasket material is pretty tough to come off.  I''ll need to stop off and get some gasket remover or paint thinner on the way home from work tomorrow.  Suffice it to say that it should be all good then.  I appreciate the replies and advice.