IGNORED

DIY Home Built Vapor Blasting/ Honing Cabinet , wetblasting

duffymahoney

I'm new at the forum and just registered after watching this awesome thread!
Very excited to see how this becomes true, I always wanted to vapor blast my car/motorcycle parts, looking great at this moment, keep on!

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

Near my home there's a professional working with these vapor wet blasting cabinets and they use nutshell particles for the aluminum engine parts, I personally sent them to clean motorcycle engines with excellent results, did you hear about this medium?

Enviado desde mi SM-N910F mediante Tapatalk

Thanks guys.  Walnuts would be more abrasive then this by a lot.  

This is so soft that it doesn't even take sealant off or silicone.  It's sort of looks fake its so nice.  

No idea on cfm.  I have a small compressor at home that wasn't good enough.  I could go about 1 minute before I need to take a break and let it recharge.  

Beads clumped a bit, honestly the amount of beads needed is so small.  Tomorrow I will try much less glass and see how it works.  

7 minutes ago, duffymahoney said:

Haha. It’s kind of a pain. Honestly for how much I needed done it would have been smarter to use a local company. But sadly none:(

Oh I don't know. You can never have too many tools!!!

• Like 1