240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction? - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240Z D hubcaps ... reproduction?

Featured Replies

Here's the pic I found where there were more bends. But these are valve in the center of the hole style. Older I believe?
s-l1600.jpg

Wait until @kats has a look. :)  He will see more!

Edited by 240260280

Here's a pic of the back of some of the valve at the spoke location, but the pic is a little far away and hard to tell. They are also the fat finger variety:
s-l1600.jpg

Great photo above!

Some have valve stem hole at spoke, others have it at the gap between spokes.  Usually the ones at the spoke have fewer fingers.  There does not seem to be a date cut-off as both were observed as far back as 1967. It may be due to two different manufacturers.

I also have been watching these... I was starting to think reproductions after the 3rd set was on ebay... 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

btw I just bought a "real" set (3 with hole at gap and 1 with hole at spoke).  Anyone want to trade?

Edited by 240260280

  • Author

I’m glad I posted then.  I was actually considering them at one point. 

Got a reply from the seller:

 

"Thand you for interested my D caps. I took a vacation trip to asia countries. I found a few set. I kept 1 set for my car. Tell you the true. I did not know, they look brand new to me and fit very good. Thanks"

 

He also updated the description in the Ebay ad.  I looks like someone is making reproductions.

Edited by 240260280

If someone’s going to the trouble of cranking out phoney hubcaps, it would be thoughtful if they’d make them in 15”. ?

  • Popular Post

Interesting that someone would go the effort and expense of stamping out the "close to original" hubcaps and then screw up the paint.  It would be like forging a blonde haired version of daVinci's Mona Lisa painting and hoping no one would notice.

Dennis

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.