IGNORED

Bending float tab direction - 3 screw SU

882993md

hi mark , today I bought the blue label 3-in-one oil it is different from the red label one I was using . still had some stumble of line after I richen the back carb but it was better so I went ahead and changed the damping oil to the blue label 3-in-one which is 20wt. the motor idles better and most of the stumble is gone probably about 95% gone. it still could be a tad lean but I do not think by much. I like the fact that I have no fumes in the cabin at all and it idles great. I have to remember this is a carb car and not fuel injection. I will check the plugs again when the motor cools down and see where I am at . thanks again for the tip on the Nissan 20wt damping oil. kully

• Like 3

yes I saw it on the lowes web site. It looks like only made and sold in the 3oz cans but cheaper from where I bought it from. I know 1 can is plenty but I like to have a spare .it seems as I get older I like to have a little stock . it is good for my compressor motor also thanks siteunseen

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:06 PM, Mark Maras said:

If your plugs look good and the only problem is a little stumble off the line, you may want to run heavier wt. oil in the dampeners. Nissan recommended 20 wt. I always used ATF with good results.

I would also like faster response when i launch from 1st gear at stop lights. Car lacks some response when accelerating from stops.

1 minute ago, jalexquijano said:

I would also like faster response when i launch from 1st gear at stop lights. Car lacks some response when accelerating from stops.

What wt. oil are you using? I've heard about others using heavier weight oils than 20wt. Tales of 30wt. all the up to 80-90 gear oil. Not that I recommend 80-90wt. but it would be fun to try 30wt and 40wt. to see if there's a noticeable difference. If you do try it be sure to let us know your impressions.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:02 PM, Mark Maras said:

Yup, looks iffy to me. I'm not a big fan of rubber fuel lines in contact with the body. In the pic above it looks like the hose is too long. Cut it short enough to eliminate the body contact.

Last time i removed that hose it was a complete disaster and spill of gas all over. Do i really need to cut it and tighten again?

14 minutes ago, jalexquijano said:

Last time i removed that hose it was a complete disaster and spill of gas all over. Do i really need to cut it and tighten again?

Work quick!

You can use a rag or some paper towels to wick the oil out of the dampers with out having to disassemble the carbs