IGNORED

Carpet Fix

trevorgrubb

Don’t drink the pink sugar!!  That stuff will kill you, stick to the Milo’s original sweet tea. Thanks for the info, Hopefully I can get some time soon for my next project. 
Did you ever get a Mata’s pizza?

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

Well the Sweet'n Low has finally give me the Alzheimers.

My original '72 240 has loop carpet but the original '77 280 is cut pile. Maybe 70 thru 73 is loop and the rest was cut?

Sorry. I had to walk downstairs to look.

My 260Z was loop, the "museum" '75 280Z is loop, my son's '76 was loop so maybe it's just the late 280Z's that had cut pile.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trnelson said:

Don’t drink the pink sugar!!  That stuff will kill you, stick to the Milo’s original sweet tea. Thanks for the info, Hopefully I can get some time soon for my next project. 
Did you ever get a Mata’s pizza?

Milo's is good stuff but I don't drink much tea, too sweet for me. I'd rather have a V-8. LOL

I haven't been out of Gadsden in over a year now. Safer at home but a nice thick slice of Extra Special sure would be good! And a pitcher or two of beer. :beer:

• Like 1

I am about to do my interior so this is a timely thread. I bought a loop carpet kit about 2 yrs ago from MSA. It is basically garbage. Paid around $200 for the whole thing and it’s going into the trash. Fitment was terrible as well as the material quality. I think going custom is a better approach. Do it once right and never look back. I’m going to take mine to be custom done at a local shop with a guy that been doing it for 25 years. Sometimes it better to have someone who does this everyday then have a half arse job on your hands. Sure it’s more $$ probably 3x but then your have something to be proud of. That’s my opinion. I also prefer the loop over the cut pile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Av8ferg said:

I also prefer the loop over the cut pile.

I agree 100% and I've long wanted to replace the cut-pile in my 77 with some new loop. The cut pile screams "plush" 70's to me. Makes me want to do some disco.

Even though it's older, I think the loop pile looks more modern.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Did those cars have vinyl on the tunnel like the 240s? My '77 is "door to door" carpeted.

The 260's have small diamond pattern vinyl on the trans tunnel and on the panel behind the seats, hide grain vinyl on the inner rocker. Vinyl (hide grain) on the rear strut towers.

The 280's have carpet on the trans tunnel, vinyl on the rear strut towers. Can't remember what's on the panel behind the seats. Pics of the '75:

20190424_112039.jpg

20190424_114326.jpg

Edited by cgsheen1
  • Thanks 1