Guess what these are and from what engine?

No, I'm thinking it takes him a really long time to do the crossword puzzle...

Edited by gnosez
    • Like 1
    • Haha 1

There is a story that the L series engines from nissan are copy's of the old Mercedes blocks.. a sertain engineer in design (still nameing no names... ;-)  )  took a copy with him from mercedes to Nissan.. :ph34r:  And yes i think there has been some copying...

I don't think it was copying but it is irrefutable, from the above components and configuration,  that the Nissan/Prince L engine has its roots clearly in the Mercedes M-180 engine from 1951.

Gents and Gals, we have a next generation "Vintage-Mercedes-Based" engine in our Z's.

Edited by 240260280
    • Like 1

When i had my first 280zx back in 1991 i already knew that there was a "Mercedes like" engine in it..  some sayd: they took away the starr and wrote NISSAN on it haha...  But i think it's like with the SU / Hitachi (roundtop) carbs... they looked at a very good design and made e'm better and call it theire own...  good work!:boom:

• Like 1

Another data point to help corroborate the lineage.

Here's a video where they talk about problems with the oil spray bars. Proof???  Hahaha!! LOL

• Like 1