IGNORED

New Find.70 240Z

borini63

I always liked the SWASTIKA wheels. I have a set myself just wish they were made in a 16" diameter. Ok it is time to get to work on making this car look really good. A 2 or 2 1/2 year tear down and reassemble. That seems like a long time but trust me its not. You have a seemingly good platform but if you take it apart you will find the common imperfections most assurdly. If you don't take it apart and it turns into an everyday driver you won't have much car in a few years. Take care of the rust , all new weather seals and a decent paint job and it will be transformed. Something to think about.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2018 at 7:57 AM, esmit208 said:

I always liked the SWASTIKA wheels. I have a set myself just wish they were made in a 16" diameter. Ok it is time to get to work on making this car look really good. A 2 or 2 1/2 year tear down and reassemble. That seems like a long time but trust me its not. You have a seemingly good platform but if you take it apart you will find the common imperfections most assurdly. If you don't take it apart and it turns into an everyday driver you won't have much car in a few years. Take care of the rust , all new weather seals and a decent paint job and it will be transformed. Something to think about.

Trust me I found a lot of areas needs to be taken care of.Start to buy weather stripping for her.Also brand new Brake master Cylinder and a very good condition brake booster(The old one has a broken pedal stud),calipers and lines(rusty lines)Also I installed a set of Tokico lowering springs while am at it..Now she is a good daily drive.

DSC06320.JPG

DSC06321.JPG

DSC06322.JPG

DSC06323.JPG

DSC06325.JPG

DSC06326.JPG

DSC06327.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, borini63 said:

Tuff rules here in phoenix.....only Pre 67 are exempt from test.

That's just stupid. How many cars on the road between 67 and 77? Very few!!!! The cars ruled out are very rare and don't get many miles...stupidity on display IMO

I take it you are not on vintage plates... Phoenix—Arizona Vintage Car Collectors will get a free pass on emissions testing thanks to legislation signed into law Sunday by Governor Jan Brewer. Senate Bill 1324 sponsored by 30th District State Senator Frank Antenori (R-Vail) exempts vehicles manufactured in or before 1974 and specifically “collector vehicles” from the annual testing.

• Like 1

In Nevada we have our own stupidity of Diesel emission testing, while it may have been valid in the 80's...today it's just a gigantic waste of time and money, in the past mechanical diesel cars/trucks would smoke so they instituted an opacity test, A smog machine costing $100000 would take a sample of the exhaust and run it thru a light, if the exhaust restricts the light by %40 or more- you failed. Modern diesels do not produce smoke (unless you want them to on purpose)My 2011 cummins dodge just got tested (wasted $50) to get an opacity reading of %2.1....

Actually, it's been well documented that diesel fumes are carcinogenic.  Health-wise, diesel engines should be outlawed.  I'm sure that there will be lawsuits eventually.  But, money is being made so we'll all just suck up those cancer particles in the meantime.

Pretty fascinating to think about.  Enough money involved and everyone pays with a little bit of cancer.  Societal cancer.

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/diesel-exhaust-and-cancer.html

Edited by Zed Head