IGNORED

HLS30-07848

Patcon

• 2 weeks later...

I have been working on cleaning the SU's. I would like to get it running if possible. I am not planning on keeping this car, just get it far enough along that it gets saved. We'll see

But I have a question. Where is this port supposed to connect inside the carb? I can't find the other end of the passage

20180106_150735.jpg

I tried spraying carb cleaner down it.

I thought it probably went straight down but I couldn't see it in the bore. Not surprising with the amount of corrosion. I am withholding the after clean up pictures for now. I eventually got both SU's apart and cleaned up. I had to use a heat gun and assorted methods to get the throttle plates moving and out. I believe these were rebuilt by Ztherapy at one time. I am still hoping I can get it running. Then I will show what it's using to run with...

If I can get the motor free enough and get the starter to spin it.Then I will try to get a spark and fire it up...