Balance tube - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Balance tube

Featured Replies

Remedies for clogging might be similar to burr tools that clog. I've read of wax, anti- seize , etc...

Gouging the aluminum is what you want to avoid , but so easily done with a course file that doesn't clog- double edged sword!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
On 10/5/2017 at 6:43 PM, 7tooZ said:

I want one of these but no way have the patience to DIY.


Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

7too7 Just to be clear, this is the set up you want?IMGP1877.jpg

Edited by 240dkw

9 minutes ago, zKars said:

For reference. The real enchalada...

Ummmmm... enchiladas !!

  • Author

Well look at that, my original E41 has two blanks on the top and the one in you photo has one. Wonder which one came first?IMGP1866.jpg

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Well I'll be dag nabit.  ANOTHER unique thing about early cars. This one is on HLS30 03798. 

Enchiladas Enchilaidis potato potato....

  • Author

Mine is HLS30 06513, so the single blank is earlier, but not by much. Is that a Canadian car?

Edited by 240dkw
added question

  • Author
On 10/5/2017 at 12:20 PM, David F said:

I heard that running the file over a bar of soap now and then keeps the file from clogging with aluminum.  Well, actually I heard this technique for grinding disks, but the theory should be the same.  Tube looks awesome...me, too lazy to attempt such a thing.  But, I am smack dab in the middle of polishing a vintage Airstream trailer.  The effort is messy, and tiring for sure...after a few hours, I turn black.

So I tried a bar of soap, and I have to say it works well. There is less pinning and as well the soap makes it easier to clean the file once the pinning starts.
Thanks for the tip.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.