IGNORED

Recommended car cover

Dogariffic

This is a well-travelled topic that's been discussed for the past 40 years.  Perfectly-tailored fit is a nice-to-have, but not a need-to-have.  What you need is a combination  of outer and inner materials that won't hurt your paint.  Trapped moisture can kill an expensive paint job.  My suggestion:  Go to a Ferrari owners website and have a look at what's considered to be the accepted standard.  What you're looking for is experience-based advice coming from people who won't tolerate bad surprises.

My Dad always used the flannel covers for inside storage.  MSA has a nice custom fit one that I DO NOT own but it looks nice.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/CTGY/classic06g

here's what I've been looking at, they are very popular car cover suppliers on the internet.  Once again I don't own one yet but they look good and are custom fit supposedly.  I'd call to make sure these are custom one mirror covers for our cars.

http://www.beverlyhillsautocovers.com/car-covers.html?find=1972-nissan-240z-base-4223352

Let us know what you end up getting and how you like it.  That's my next Christmas present to myself. :)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dogariffic said:

The Beverly Hills cover looks nice....

That is the best I have seen so far....for the money. ONce I pull the trigger and get one I will circle back and pass along how it works.

That be a big help to me. I'm needing one and looking at the Beverly hills one's too.

I want to know if they're custom or universal fit.

• Thanks 1

Years ago, I was a distributor for Covercraft.  Great covers and good people to work with.  Not sure if Beverly Hills covers are sold by Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories, but if they are, another good choice.  Covercraft makes covers for everyone and will custom make one to the size you choose.  They have patterns for a bazillion different covers. 

Pick a material for your intended use.  My Avanti has worn the same Beverly Hills cover for almost 40 years.  Soft cotton, custom fit, sits in a covered garage, so it's mostly a dust cover.  My 914-6 has a Covercraft poly cotton cover cover that keeps bird crap off the paint and will let moisture out if caught in the rain.  It also sits in the garage most of the time and has had the same cover for about 25 years.  I've used Covercraft poly cotton covers on a Porsche 944 and a Mustang GT 2+2 - both were "outside" cars.  The covers lasted about four to five years under the desert 120º sun, all weather, strong winds, and the occasional sand storms.  You'll need to wash the ouside uded cover from time to time to remove airborne grit that can scratch paint.

Dennis

• Thanks 1

I recently bought a Covercraft poly/cotton cover and well pleased with my choice.  The fit is excellent and the construction looks to be the same.  The finish on the material is a bit hard, should probably soften up a bit with a couple of washings.  My intended use is strictly indoor storage, the cover will likely outlive me!

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, jfa.series1 said:

I recently bought a Covercraft poly/cotton cover and well pleased with my choice.  The fit is excellent and the construction looks to be the same.  The finish on the material is a bit hard, should probably soften up a bit with a couple of washings.  My intended use is strictly indoor storage, the cover will likely outlive me!

You'll need to buy two more! :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...