IGNORED

My 240z project

joe newsom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The motor is pretty much ready to start. I am waiting for the exhaust to show so it can be bolted on. It is coming from California Datsun.

I started this motor project with good friend at Miner Automotive. I still have my 240 block that came out of the car. I felt that some day I may have fun building it. Unfortunately it is not matching numbers. My grandma had mentioned that they had the motor replaced and no longer had the original when I got it from her. So with that said we decided to build up a F54 block with bored flat tops and original e88 head. I ordered some z therapy carbs and here it is ready to fire. Not sure my grandpa would understand the polished parts LOL. But I got carried away making it mine. My mission has been to keep everything stock except the motor and obviously color. My grandpa always wanted to paint it silver so keeping it green wasn’t the best option. So I chose a tint of silver “charcoal “ it is a Nissan color though.

Going to finish getting her running then off to paint..

IMG_3439.JPGIMG_3409.JPGIMG_3652.JPGIMG_3651.JPGIMG_3650.JPGIMG_4743.JPGIMG_4744.JPGIMG_4745.JPGIMG_4746.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 2

• 4 months later...