IGNORED

Starting problem

SeKcGamer

I'm pretty sure an easy test for this was to leave the gas cap loose and go for a drive a bit hard with the tank off now. It's possible to be an issue but it was your third trip around the block that this happened right? That is a bit quick  in my mind, but again this FI car and not carbs.

I applaud you for staying up late and reading the FSM. 

Are you on your own or is your dad helping you some?

I'm pretty sure an easy test for this was to leave the gas cap loose and go for a drive a bit hard with the tank off now. It's possible to be an issue but it was your third trip around the block that this happened right? That is a bit quick  in my mind, but again this FI car and not carbs.
I applaud you for staying up late and reading the FSM. 
Are you on your own or is your dad helping you some?

Right now he can't because of work, but I did try to drive it around two days ago. Took the gas cap off and there was no pressure build up on the tank, it was like opening a jar. But this time I didn't make it past my driveway before It started to act up.

Sent from my iPad using Classic Zcar Club mobile

that whole section on the evap in the FSM is a bit confusing to read. The way I take it the gas cap has  a check valve that lets air into the tank from the atmosphere, as the fuel is used up to prevent a vacuum in the tank.

the vapor tank  check valve and the canister and the vacuum lines are a way to siphon off the excess fumes from the gas tank.  due to heating of gas tank and fumes from gasoline, if anything the plugged line would cause a build up in pressure in the gas tank and not a lack of fuel to the FI. I know it says otherwise (per your circled part of the FSM) but frankly that does not really make a lot of since. the vapor line check valve would never allow an influx of air to compensate for the use of fuel, incoming air has to be from the gas cap. the whole point of the gas cap/evap system is to close off the tank from the outside air, burn up gas vapor when the engine is running or trap it in the carbon canistor when the engine is off.

I think the intern engineer may have written that part (or translated it ) of the FSM. Note how the diagram does not show a check valve but its discussed. Also of note there is a built in restriction new the carbon canister in the rubber line that connects to the hard line back to the vapor tank. I don't think is mentioned. I have no idea what its function is.

49 minutes ago, JSM said:

So you put the tank back in now? Or is it still out? 

He said "two days ago" in the post you referenced.  

SeK needs to keep us informed.  He didn't tell us that he tried driving it with the cap off until an hour ago, but he tried it two days ago.  Doesn't sound like a clogged vent issue.

The slightly clogged inlet and outlet lines are your biggest clue I think.  You should be able to blow through them like blowing air through a straw.  Although you followed the RedKote instructions correctly, it's looking like you partially blocked those ports, probably got some on the metal "sock".  Since the tank is out why not poke some wire through there and see if you can free them up.  

• Like 1

He said "two days ago" in the post you referenced.  
SeK needs to keep us informed.  He didn't tell us that he tried driving it with the cap off until an hour ago, but he tried it two days ago.  Doesn't sound like a clogged vent issue.
The slightly clogged inlet and outlet lines are your biggest clue I think.  You should be able to blow through them like blowing air through a straw.  Although you followed the RedKote instructions correctly, it's looking like you partially blocked those ports, probably got some on the metal "sock".  Since the tank is out why not poke some wire through there and see if you can free them up.  

I don't know if I have wire at my disposal, but would this wire need to be really thin?. Also I'll be getting off work in about two hours from now so I'll be working on the car. I'll do the fuel can test.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

1 hour ago, SeKcGamer said:

I don't know if I have wire at my disposal, but would this wire need to be really thin?. Also I'll be getting off work in about two hours from now so I'll be working on the car. I'll do the fuel can test.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Yes and flexible. Ace hardware has a good selection of music wire.  Also weed eater line is something else you may have around the house works well.