IGNORED

#187 on BAT

gwri8

2 hours ago, bartsscooterservice said:

Good luck on the restoration ! It's amazing these low VIN cars still keep popping up...

I noticed the speedo starts @ 20 mph, didn't the early speedo start at 0 ? Or was it the other way around haha.

20mph is correct (built for speed!). The oil pressure gauge also goes to 140psi rather than 90psi.

6 hours ago, drpchuynh said:

Hopefully I'll do her justice.

Congratulations  on your purchase! Glad to see it went to your good hands and that quote shows me where your heart is!

I, as well as many others, will be following your story with keen interest. This is one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" to do the job as well as can be done to preserve and  restore her to original. She deserves it!

Good luck on the restoration ! It's amazing these low VIN cars still keep popping up...

I noticed the speedo starts @ 20 mph, didn't the early speedo start at 0 ? Or was it the other way around haha.

Thank you! I was thoroughly surprised myself to see her up for sale. After many years of collecting 240z, I resigned to the idea that I would be content with a sub-500 through 1000 vin# car. They have come up but were often too rusty or "Frankensteined" with non-JDM engines components and body kits. I'm not knocking the tweeners and modifiers as these cars were made for them. To each his own I say. With that said, I personally don't want to pay for another man's vision.

So when she popped up on BAT, I couldn't believe it. In fact I'm still beside myself. I'm as giddy as a kid in a candy store.

As for the speedometer, the poster's comment below is correct. One of the unique characteristic of a Series 1 is that the speedometer starts at 20mph. I just find it "badass" that she doesn't even let you know how fast, or in this case how slow, until you reach 21mph. It's like I don't want to be bothered until grandpa gets up to speed. Hopefully the 50th anniversary edition could pay homage to these early birds by having the speedometer start at "24.0"mph. Now that's badass!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

• Like 1

Congratulations  on your purchase! Glad to see it went to your good hands and that quote shows me where your heart is!
I, as well as many others, will be following your story with keen interest. This is one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" to do the job as well as can be done to preserve and  restore her to original. She deserves it!

Thank you! She does. I'm always amazed to find a car of this age that weathered decades of use and wear and still maintain her originality and "structure". Granted she has cancer in certain areas but for an east coast car, she faired much better than most. Clearly she was enjoyed for the way she was engineered and pampered at the same time.

Congrats!!!
I was SCRAPPYDO on the BaT website.
Good to see you hear and posting already. We are on your side.  Welcome and please do not hesitate to post whatever you find!  I promise you, the interest in their with this car. 

Nice to make your acquaintance sir! You do live up to your screen name. You possess a wealth of knowledge, and are very steadfast in your opinion. Those with contrarian views are struck down quickly with the Zedyone Kenobi light saber. You remind me of the scrappy Chihuahua that'll jump up and bite off your kneecaps when crossed. I would trade wits with you regarding cars but I would be bringing a knife to a gunfight. If we were discussing medicine, I would be your Yoda. With that said, I thoroughly enjoy your take on cars, and the healthy injection of nostalgia. One might even certify you with a touch of mechaphilia, but not in a felonious sense. I look forward to picking your brain, all 93.9% of it. Have a great day!

55 minutes ago, Zedyone_kenobi said:

You give me too much credit my good man. What i have learned I learned from my fellow Z jedi masters here on this sight and an unhealhty addition to fixing things. 

I certainly hope we can all meet one day. I would like to see 187

Actually Zedy is a rocket scientist... no BS or leg pulling!  He is a smart fellow and has beautiful Datsuns.

• Like 1