Jump to content

2fourtyzee

[SOLD] 240z 2400 valve cover

Recommended Posts

On 4/30/2017 at 1:05 PM, Jason240z said:

 

That's it, not every early car had them fitted.  They're just not worth the money some people are asking and getting to me.

I'd prefer to put that $700 to a nice brake kit to go under 14" wheels.

That is how I felt about the Rally Clock and Oscillator. I found one but for the money I had rather do something that effects the performance such as my MK63/vented rotor upgrade. The Rally Clock is still on my list, but moved down when I established the price. As to not worth what some people are asking, if someone is paying those prices they are worth the price. We should embrace the rising prices it only increases the value of our cars and makes it possible for reproduction part to be offered. Just my 2 cents!

 

Edited by JLPurcell
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

That is how I felt about the Rally Clock and Oscillator. I found one but for the money I had rather do something that effects the performance such as my MK63/vented rotor upgrade. The Rally Clock is still on my list, but moved down when I established the price. As to not worth what some people are asking, if someone is paying those prices they are worth the price. We should embrace the raising prices it only increases the value of our cars and make it possible for reproduction part to be offered. Just my 2 cents!

 

Hi,  I didn't say it wasn't worth it, just not worth it to me. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will probably list one of my 2400 valve covers this weekend. The one pictured is off of the 00029 car, they don't come much earlier. 

IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1855.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

it seems there is always another one in the wings.

Then perhaps they are not as rare as everyone seems to think?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

There's only 1 Rally Clock listed :P

3 hours ago, 26th-Z said:

Then perhaps they are not as rare as everyone seems to think?

I think at $200 a pop, they are rare as nobody thinks they are worth selling. But at $600 USD a pop everyone is willing to sell.. So no, not that rare when the price is that high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't tell you how much I hate the look of the plastic cover. If someone is willing to pay $2000 for the privilege of having that ugly thing in their engine bay. More power to them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's rare that I enjoy a rarely disputed discussion of rarity.  I didn't even know that there is an ABS valve cover.  What car did that come on?  So, are those scratches in the logo?  $2,000 for a scratched (irreparable) valve cover?  Or are those scratches even rarer that the rare rarity?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

It's rare that I enjoy a rarely disputed discussion of rarity.  I didn't even know that there is an ABS valve cover.  What car did that come on?  So, are those scratches in the logo?  $2,000 for a scratched (irreparable) valve cover?  Or are those scratches even rarer that the rare rarity?

I believe the plastic cover was from a late model L28 (perhaps Nissan Laurel in Japan), yes it has scratches. Yes it's ugly, and no it's not worth $2,000 USD - at least not to me. For some reason they are popular in Japan and tend to fetch $600-$700 AUD in better shape than that 1.

But I can't bring myself to like them, 1 of the things I like most about the L-GATA motors is that big alloy valve cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:29 AM, Gav240z said:

There's only 1 Rally Clock listed :P

I think at $200 a pop, they are rare as nobody thinks they are worth selling. But at $600 USD a pop everyone is willing to sell.. So no, not that rare when the price is that high.

I've just bought one at 297$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2400 OHC covers and their values over the last 2 months on eBay. :D

Yes I was bored..

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 7.58.15 PM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... and a graph too!?  I guess you were really bored!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gav240z said:

2400 OHC covers and their values over the last 2 months on eBay. :D

Yes I was bored..

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 7.58.15 PM.png

Gav, you will need to update the last two entries once they end. I do believe that having more than one listed at a time hurts the auction, but I am happy with the opening bid on mine. It is what I have offered it to members for recently. The current bidder is from the Netherlands. JLP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, but can you ship a valve cover to the Netherlands for $15.45?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Yeah, but can you ship a valve cover to the Netherlands for $15.45?

Read, the ad. I will not ship to the Netherlands for $15.45. It will ship at actual shipping cost with insurance. The shipping calculator on ebay is not accurate or user friendly and I always spell out the shipping on items in the ad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Just a heads up. Greyhound Package Express is a lot cheaper than UPS or FEDEX. One does have to deliver and pick up from the bus station but it's well worth it. Example, rear hatch glass, Portland to Denver, $63.00 and a very clean tank that shall remain unidentified, Portland to New York, about the same price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

Shipping to me in WA says $67.50

@JLPurcell just curious as to why you listed the condition as "remanufactured"

 

I used Ebay guide lines for that. Any part that has been cleaned or reconditioned. This part was cleaned then blasted with walnut shells. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

Gav, you will need to update the last two entries once they end. I do believe that having more than one listed at a time hurts the auction, but I am happy with the opening bid on mine. It is what I have offered it to members for recently. The current bidder is from the Netherlands. JLP

Yes you're correct I had a hard time getting the graph to do what I wanted. I was trying to show prices over time. I think since there has been quite a few of these listed recently the prices have slowly come down probably due to the lent up demand being released. 

There was another cover before that which sold for 800 USD but I didn't have the item ID saved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.