IGNORED

[SOLD] 240z 2400 valve cover

2fourtyzee

37 minutes ago, 26th-Z said:

Oh, I'm not complaining.  I'm just amazed.

Chris, I agree. I too am amazed. You don't have to go back but a couple of years when you could buy parts such as the inspection light from the dealer for a few dollars.... now NOS inspection lights being priced at $300+. Amazing...

Just now, JLPurcell said:

Chris, I agree. I too am amazed. You don't have to go back but a couple of years when you could buy parts such as the inspection light from the dealer for a few dollars.... now NOS inspection lights being priced at $300+. Amazing...

Times have changed.. i find it funny that you guys are surprised. 4-5 years ago you could buy complete 240z for 2-6k now you dont find anything good in that price range. i have a lot of customers who are surprised when i give them a price on 113 and 111 parts for there classic cars.. supply and demand.  you have to pay to play.

9 minutes ago, 2fourtyzee said:

Times have changed.. i find it funny that you guys are surprised. 4-5 years ago you could buy complete 240z for 2-6k now you dont find anything good in that price range. i have a lot of customers who are surprised when i give them a price on 113 and 111 parts for there classic cars.. supply and demand.  you have to pay to play.

I like Chris am not complaining what so ever. The parts going up is directly related to the value of the cars due to the parts becoming scarce for proper restoration. The value of the parts has also made it possible, I talked about the necessity of this a few years ago, for reproducing some of these rare parts. In my original post I was referring to the fact that I have offered one of my 2400 valve covers to members looking for them for around what your ebay listing is at now with 5 days left and interest was lost. So I too will be putting mine on ebay to help pay for other upgrades I am looking to do on my car. I have been paying up for hard to find parts for a few years now. I bought the NOS tail light for my car at the height of the value which has come down since the introduction of the reproduction tail lights. Good luck with your auction I will be following it closely.   

2 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

I like Chris am not complaining what so ever. The parts going up is directly related to the value of the cars due to the parts becoming scarce for proper restoration. The value of the parts has also made it possible, I talked about the necessity of this a few years ago, for reproducing some of these rare parts. In my original post I was referring to the fact that I have offered one of my 2400 valve covers to members looking for them for around what your ebay listing is at now with 5 days left and interest was lost. So I too will be putting mine on ebay to help pay for other upgrades I am looking to do on my car. I have been paying up for hard to find parts for a few years now. I bought the NOS tail light for my car at the height of the value which has come down since the introduction of the reproduction tail lights. Good luck with your auction I will be following it closely.   

Not to long ago i had offered this same valve cover for 250 USD and not a single bite, I had a friend offer me 300 for it 2 days ago. in no rush to sell as i dont need the money and the valve cover was FREE :D. I would buy your 2400 valve cover for what mine is listed at if yours is for sale. the difference between myself and most other people is that im willing to step up and pay vs to be cheap about.. No risk no reward. 

regards

2fourtyzee

• Like 1

I have no problem with anyone asking for the best price they can get on eBay. I just thought the whole purpose of offering here first was to allow those who contribute to the community the chance to get it first. As opposed to some random on eBay.

Either way good luck with the sale and if you get a good price I hope it helps with your own projects.

• Like 2

The seller did offer it me for $750.  I'd like one but not at that price.

There's a value to every person of every part,  my car, even being an early one didn't come with the 2400cc valve cover, being chassis number 12000, 10/70 build.

You decide what its worth, in this case, a couple of bidders really wanted it, other times they've sold for $300ish.  which is its value to me. 

Above that, i'd just buy a new Kameari one, as to me I can't see the value.

Jason my car is HS30 00150 and was built around September / October 1970 also. So it actually doesn't have the cover. I believe the cut off date is around July/August 1970.

Australian delivered 240z's only got these up until around chassis no. 100 or so.. They are getting harder and harder to find. Like any early S30Z part now.

• Like 1