IGNORED

[SOLD] 240z 2400 valve cover

2fourtyzee

1 hour ago, Terrapin Z said:

Shipping to me in WA says $67.50

@JLPurcell just curious as to why you listed the condition as "remanufactured"

I used Ebay guide lines for that. Any part that has been cleaned or reconditioned. This part was cleaned then blasted with walnut shells. 

6 hours ago, JLPurcell said:

Gav, you will need to update the last two entries once they end. I do believe that having more than one listed at a time hurts the auction, but I am happy with the opening bid on mine. It is what I have offered it to members for recently. The current bidder is from the Netherlands. JLP

Yes you're correct I had a hard time getting the graph to do what I wanted. I was trying to show prices over time. I think since there has been quite a few of these listed recently the prices have slowly come down probably due to the lent up demand being released. 

There was another cover before that which sold for 800 USD but I didn't have the item ID saved.

59 minutes ago, Gav240z said:

Yes you're correct I had a hard time getting the graph to do what I wanted. I was trying to show prices over time. I think since there has been quite a few of these listed recently the prices have slowly come down probably due to the lent up demand being released. 

There was another cover before that which sold for 800 USD but I didn't have the item ID saved.

Yes, they have thus I went ahead and listed mine and will more than likely offer my second one to the second high bidder. I really do not like listing on ebay, but I don't need all of the extra parts that do not match up with my car.

1 hour ago, Gav240z said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Nissan-240Z-L24-2-4-2400CC-Valve-Cover-1st-generation-valve-cover-/311811557191?hash=item48996ac747:g:C~IAAOSw3v5Ys1r6&vxp=mtr

Gav, It actually was sold by best offer so the final price is not known. You can do an advanced search on ebay for completed auctions. 

14 minutes ago, JLPurcell said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Nissan-240Z-L24-2-4-2400CC-Valve-Cover-1st-generation-valve-cover-/311811557191?hash=item48996ac747:g:C~IAAOSw3v5Ys1r6&vxp=mtr

Gav, It actually was sold by best offer so the final price is not known. You can do an advanced search on ebay for completed auctions. 

I did not know you could find old listings that way, thanks for the tip! It will be incredibly helpful in future.

I just went back and took a look at all of the recent auctions and found that the same person has purchased all but 1 of them. I don't know what that means, but I do find it interesting. The current high bidder on my auctions is one in the same I do believe. 

1 hour ago, JLPurcell said:

I just went back and took a look at all of the recent auctions and found that the same person has purchased all but 1 of them. I don't know what that means, but I do find it interesting. The current high bidder on my auctions is one in the same I do believe. 

That is interesting. 

One thought that makes me curious is when will the bubble burst? At some point, I think all of this "stuff" will go down. You can buy decent 50' eras cars now for close to what nice Z's are selling at today. Once we all get of age, will others appreciate it like we do?

My Mom collects flow blue China. The internet absolutely killed the prices. Granted we're not seeing that with certain Z parts, but I often wonder when will the end come?

S30Z's appeal to a wide range of demographics. So for that reason I kind of see them like the Porsche's in that they will always be popular. Same with 60s era Mustang's, Camaro's etc.. I don't see their popularity declining for a long time.