IGNORED

72 Dash Removal Process

72ZDave

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:55 AM, Wick Humble said:

Thanks for the good words!  In HTRYDZC I tried to keep to the names Datsun gave parts in the factory shop manuals, though not in every case; some were too silly.

I can't think of a lot of good things to say about the dash removal chore; I just did my new 'restomod' '71 project a couple of years ago, and I still have the sound system, alarm, and A/C to finish wiring up.  Not that it's so difficult, but once the thing is back in, there is so little room to work even with the glove box still out.  Not impossible, but my joints aren't what they were back in 1987 when I reassembled HLS003547.  Oh well...

BTW: Howard Fisher and I are working on a complete revision of the Restore book, to celebrate the 25th anniversary of it's being 'in print', and thank goodness, still selling pretty well.  Who'd have ever guessed?  My pal Steve Pettersen (Pettersen Motorworks, Chico CA) is collaborating, and we hope to have some color shots, esp to replace some of the murky ones I did on the old Nikon Ftn 35-mm. back in the day.  Besides some nice cars and parts, he has several spectacular Z's under restoration -- if he could get all those funny old roadsters out of his resto shop!

Wick

PS/  anybody want to buy my NL320 trucks?  Both '65's, one nice red one, and a rare black project for a lot less dough.  I want to build  Kustom!  Happy Z Trails!

Color shots.  That is great news.  Unfortunately for me, while my joints are as good as they were in 1987, my eyes are not.  Color shots will really help.  Love that book.