IGNORED

Wow not even half way there

P the Z

You're going to end up with sand in places where you don't want it.  You should strip the car down before you blast.  What media are you using?  Looks like beach sand.  That doesn't work very well.  I used aluminum oxide.  

From what I can see (other than the gas cap area) the car doesn't look awful.  

I guess you need to ask yourself what your thresholds are for pain and money.  It's gonna take both.

• Like 1

I second that. Strip it first. Tent the car in poly in a garage if you can and recycle the blast media through a filter to save money and waste. I used copper slag (black grit) and it worked great. Don't blast any sheet metal like doors or roof etc. Leave that for sanding or chemical stripping. Then be prepared to blow grit out of the car from places you didn't know you had for months...

• Like 1

@P the Z

Be very careful blasting the car yourself. It is very easy to ruin these cars if you aren't careful! The metal is exceedingly thin in some areas. You can also cause work hardening or oil canning if you over heat the metal. You need a large compressor to do this right and a lot of media! Also you should be wearing a respirator!!! The dust can cause silicosis much less the nasty stuff you are blasting off in the paint

• Like 1