IGNORED

nice 71 with matching numbers engine

As most of us know, the '70 and '71 240Zs came equipped with Hitachi AM radios. This '71 has a radio that looks similar to a Hitachi AM/FM radio that were standard on '72 and '73 240Zs, but this one is different.  Does anyone know what this is? 

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by lonetreesteve

The radio surround panel looks a little plain for a stock piece although it does have the early antenna switch slot (homemade?).  Aftermarket replacement?  One  of the first things I did after buying my Z was to replace the radio.  But I used the stock surround.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

Yes, the radio face plate looks really plain - even homemade. 

As far as the car is concerned, just a little over an hour left on this no reserve auction at $10,600.00 with 49 bids at the time of this post. Looks to be a very solid car with the original matching numbers, but still needs to be cleaned up a little bit. I'm sure with 49 bids so far, that there will be a lot more bids on the car by the time the auction is over. 

s-l16004.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l16002.jpg