IGNORED

Looking for a set of Sumitomo calipers MK63

JLPurcell

@RIP260Z Thanks for the input. nice idea, but it's the same pad partnumber as used in the S30 Z's. I guess the pads are "genuine" items for the vented MK63-20S types used on various cars, same as the calipers.
See the different pads and parts listed here in the Nissan motorsports schematic catalogue picture below.
Note that the brake is only called "FIA" Brake caliper here in the title description, as it is mostly called in the US specific documentation. that's why im so curious about Alan's documents above since it's the documentation
with the most accurate description i've seen so far. and it's even english....
motorsports-schematic-catalog-parts-list

Edited by JDMjunkies.ch

Hi Nils,

Yes, the part number is for the S30. All I am showing (on a different but related tangent) is the DS11 is clearly marked on the pads (and ties in with the DS11 on the paperwork). I am adding nothing regards any documentation regards MK63 manuals. That's why the post was "just for interest".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

If anybody is wondering, i figured out that part of Alan's scans above are form the BS110 (RS240) FSM, Brake section.
Since most of that information is not z-related i won't put it online here, to avoid more confusement.
But if anybody is in search for said Information, you know where you can find it now.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:48 AM, JDMjunkies.ch said:

If anybody is wondering, i figured out that part of Alan's scans above are form the BS110 (RS240) FSM, Brake section.
Since most of that information is not z-related i won't put it online here, to avoid more confusement.
But if anybody is in search for said Information, you know where you can find it now.

No, in fact my scans are from two original sources: The 'Competition Tune-Up Manual' for the A10-series, and the 'Competition Tune-Up Manual' for the N10-series.

The Sumitomo MK63 type brake calipers were used as Sports/Race Option on many Nissan models, so the information is duplicated in many source documents including - as you pointed to - the BS110 '240RS'. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HS30-H said:

No, in fact my scans are from two original sources: The 'Competition Tune-Up Manual' for the A10-series, and the 'Competition Tune-Up Manual' for the N10-series.

The Sumitomo MK63 type brake calipers were used as Sports/Race Option on many Nissan models, so the information is duplicated in many source documents including - as you pointed to - the BS110 '240RS'. 

Ah thanks for the info. Funnily the information in the Nissan factory "BS110 (240RS) Competitoin tune-up Manual" (not FSM as i wrote above) looks exactly the same as in your scans (layout, drawings and text!).They must have simply copy & pasted the information from one to another manual.

2 minutes ago, JDMjunkies.ch said:

Ah thanks for the info. Funnily the information in the Nissan factory "BS110 (240RS) Competitoin tune-up Manual" (not FSM as i wrote above) looks exactly the same as in your scans (layout, drawings and text!).They must have simply copy & pasted the information from one to another manual.

No such thing as cut and paste back then. In the 1960’s Lyndon Johnson accidentally called the Blackbird aircraft the “SR71” its actual designation was RS71. A team of stenographers had to retype every document so as not to embarrass the friendliest President NASA ever had. To this day of course, the plane is still called the SR71 Blackbird and NASA still has one they use for test flights. 
For this reason, I doubt these documents were simple cut/paste.

• Like 1