IGNORED

New Fujitsubo Exhaust System to be Released

5 hours ago, 240260280 said:

Please try to avoid ZCar Depot until they stop ripping off and duplicating other people's products. Currently many in  the Z community are doing this.

Hi.

Not sure how to react to your request unless with questions which would seem to me to be more appropriate in another dedicated thread :

who is being ripped off ?

Which products ?

Who are these 'others' duplicating other people's products ?

Is this a big conspiracy ?

Who sells genuine products ?

Upon whose direct opinions have you based your request ?

I have no affiliation with Zcardepot other than that they were willing to try out and list my products that I spoke about with other distributors : the other other who positively replied and with whom I do business is Dave Rebello.

I negociated a member's club discount with Zcardepot and many customers in our French club have had an excellent person to person service which is something often lacking with the bigger retailers (no names) and any lost or damaged goods have been replaced - no quibbles

One can only judge someone/thing by one's own experience and I've found Ryan to be a great guy, willing to listen to his clients.....one of the reasons why I do business with him and actively sought an 'association between Zcardepot and our club.

Now, you and others may have had some negative experiences, it happens all the time but we are judged not by the problems but by how we solve them !

Matthew, we both obviously feel the same as far as thread-jacking is concerned but a non-qualified statement can't be left out there 'drying in the wind' or it becomes belived with no questionning. 

"I wasn't aware of this problem. I had assumed they were distributing for Sean rather than replicating his work." That is indeed the case as you can read from the above.

"I contacted Zcardepot twice before ordering mine from Sean. They show them on their website but don't seem to stock them. Didn't have any headers or JDM mufflers. Plus really couldn't provide much in the way of information. Working with Sean was easy considering the time difference between Seattle and France. "

'cos I don't sleepLOL ! For a while, the parts were out of stock and I believe Zcardepot works on a click and buy basis ? Since he couldn't garauntee to ship them, they were listed as unavailable. As producer, I know them inside out so for sure I can help with detailed questions* and also share the experiences from previous clients (I get feedback all the time) to which Ryan doesn't have access.

I don't think that we're being fair to the Fujitsubo rear muffler when fitting to a 280Z - any muffler is going to show more than an earlier car in profile as can be seen with those of mine fitted.

6795_10208721423453358_4944850137010997277_n.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 1

Dude, you win me over more every time you post. We'll see what I end up wanting in a year when I'm ready, but if I had to pull the trigger right this second it would be hard to justify not going with your product.

So I guess i'll see what happens with this system and look into the above comment about single vs twin pipe performance.

Anyone have any release timing for the new Fujitsubo system?

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

13 minutes ago, Matthew Abate said:

Dude, you win me over more every time you post. We'll see what I end up wanting in a year when I'm ready, but if I had to pull the trigger right this second it would be hard to justify not going with your product.

Vote for me....oh damn, you guys already finished for another 4 years:D

Btw, the up to date price list is now up online here : 

• 1 month later...

So, does the newer (2017) versions of the fujitsubo headers and exhaust system have a different part numbers? i checked the fujitsubo 2017 online catalog and it only lists the same part number as the older system (or at least what their website shows as the older system based on the diagrams)

I read mention of the headers interfering with the block breather pipe, has anyone had an issue with this? how did they get around it.. bending the breather pipe seems like a solution but how easy is it to remove the breather pipe to bend? how would you bend it without crushing the diameter?

Kent

the only place i have seen it mentioned was http://zclub.net/forum/showpost.php?p=188362&postcount=24 and the related picture at the end of http://zclub.net/forum/showpost.php?p=192007&postcount=27

looks like some real bending to make it fit.. I would have thought it would have come up more in peoples reviews if it was an issue (unless most just bend it without a second thought). Yours seem to have no such issues (and I assume your race/sport ones also have no issues? would you also say that the fujitsubo headers are similar to your street/sport ones?)..

unsure if they have changed this in the newer version (if the headers have changed)

Kent

I remember someone saying that the Fujitsubo twin exhaust needed work to fit with a 280Z but then I read this "The only thing we had to do was turn the crankcase vent pipe so that it angled forwards and down as it fouled the front primary otherwise." but that is hardly a big problem !

My Street-Sport header is based upon the Nissan works header and the Trust header is closer in conception than the Fujitsubo when you look at the forms of the primary pipes.

Mine don't have any fitting problems (I've had some minor issues but these have been ironed out now) and the Race-Sport - never !

Blue pipes.jpg

Factory 2.jpg

$_57 (6).JPG

DSCF6673.JPG

34 minutes ago, Sean Dezart said:

My Street-Sport header is based upon the Nissan works header....

Sean,

To nitpick: There's a huge difference between Nissan 'Works' and Nissan 'Sports Option/Race Option'. By their very nature, proper 'Works' parts were not usually for sale to the general public and were quite different than the equivalent 'Sports Opt.' bits. It might seem like a minor point of order, but the parts concerned - especially in the case of exhaust manifolds - were quite radically different in shape, material and construction.

Your Street-Sport item will be based on one of the 'Sports Option'/Datsun Competition retail items.

Hi Alan, not nit-picking and your views are very helpful but would be easier to demonstrate with image back-ups please to better denote the differences between the Nissan works and all of the 'Sports option'/Datsun Competition versions (are you inferring more than one version for the L-gata ?).

How would you describe the Nissan factory race header in the B and W photo above ? Nissan works or ?

4 hours ago, Sean Dezart said:

Hi Alan, not nit-picking and your views are very helpful but would be easier to demonstrate with image back-ups please to better denote the differences between the Nissan works and all of the 'Sports option'/Datsun Competition versions (are you inferring more than one version for the L-gata ?).

How would you describe the Nissan factory race header in the B and W photo above ? Nissan works or ?

Sean,

First of all, I would say that the description "Nissan factory race header" is kind of misleading. It would more accurately be described - in my opinion - as a 'Nissan Sports Option' or 'Nissan Race Option' part, or - if it was being retailed in the USA by 'Datsun Competition' - as a 'Datsun Comp.' part. Yes it was a Nissan part, yes Nissan qualifies as 'The Factory' and yes it was intended for race use however, Nissan themselves tended to use different - usually hand made, more complex and more specific (as opposed to generic) - exhaust manifolds than this on their own race and rally cars and it is usually these to which the term 'Works' is applied.

Generally speaking - and certainly so in the case of S30-series Z race and rally parts - the proper 'Works' parts were not intended to be sold to the general public, they had part numbers that were only for factory logistics use and their costing was only for internal use and/or Customs carnet use. The 'Sports Option' parts on the other hand were designed and manufactured with the intention of sale to the general public, had full part numbers and a pricing structure, were listed in factory-authorised literature and customers could seek advice on their fitment and use. Two quite different situations.

Looking at the parts themselves, they are something of a moving target. Especially true of the 'Works' parts which - by their very nature - were constantly evolving, being superseded and made obsolete. If anybody wants to claim that they have a genuine 'Works' or 'ex-Works' part, then provenance is the key. You've really got to know what it was originally fitted to, where/how it was used, where it has been up to now and how it has survived. If you see enough of these parts you can start to understand a kind of vernacular in their construction, and evidence of their handmade is clear. In the period I'm talking about (let's say roughly 1968 thru 1974) there were probably just a handful of guys making Nissan's Works race and rally exhaust manifolds and systems. You can see the same techniques, that same vernacular, on most of them. The Sports Option parts on the other hand were - in comparison - volume produced, and in different facilities.

Here's an example: An RHD Works rally exhaust manifold from 1971:

Omd4UN.jpg

0Z0OOI.jpg 

• Like 1