IGNORED

CLSD R200

CG240Z

I don't have the half shafts.  A fair price?  That's a good question, because what some people ask and what I think is a fair price is for a differential can vary widely.  I've seen some people on Craigslist ask $1k for a rusted unknown condition CLSD R200.  I'd say price all depends on the condition and whether axles or not are included. 

I have a couple of LSD's but wouldn't part with either of them cheaply...

Rusted? Inside or outside? Don't really care if the case has some rust. It's the guts that matter...

Most LSD's you can source are an unknown quantity unless they were just pulled from a known vehicle. You will be hard pressed to tell if a CLSD is good or not from a visual inspection. I paid about $750 for each of mine 6 or 7 years ago and they haven't made any more since then...

I am also not really offering them for sale here. The reality is someone will probably read this post that has one and might chime in if they feel like a deal could be made...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Patcon said:

I have a couple of LSD's but wouldn't part with either of them cheaply...

Rusted? Inside or outside? Don't really care if the case has some rust. It's the guts that matter...

Most LSD's you can source are an unknown quantity unless they were just pulled from a known vehicle. You will be hard pressed to tell if a CLSD is good or not from a visual inspection. I paid about $750 for each of mine 6 or 7 years ago and they haven't made any more since then...

I am also not really offering them for sale here. The reality is someone will probably read this post that has one and might chime in if they feel like a deal could be made...

750 is a fair price. I would pay that.  That's cool you have a couple of them stashed away.  That's some Nissan Gold.

2 hours ago, Zed Head said:

There's a guy on Hybridz who had a torsen-type diff made for the R200 case.  Search "mfactory lsd" over there.  It was a group buy last time I saw it.

Thanks for the tip, I'll go check it out.

On ‎15‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 6:45 AM, CG240Z said:

Looking for the elusive CLSD R200 out of a 87-89 280ZX turbo.  Thanks!

And no one ask himself .. must be a 300zx turbo?  or '81-'83 year...  I don't know if a old type 300zx has a R200..  all i know is that a 280zx was build till '84.  please explain.. :P

• Like 1

Good point.  He must have confused his turbos.  And missed a year.  Nissan only used the CLSD in the 86-89 300ZX turbo cars.  Not the 280ZX turbos.

The other somewhat popular option is the OBX diff.  It's a knockoff though and takes some extra work to get working properly.

• Like 1

haha, you got me on the 280ZX, you're correct, I meant a z31 300zx.  I messaged the guy over on Hybrid selling the MFactory LSD.  His original group buy was for $700, that's over with.  Now they're going for $875.  The few people that have installed these MFactory LSDs have had good things to say about them and quality has been reported to be good.  I'm leaning towards this MFactory LSD due to it being new, and knowing that my current R200 is in good shape, versus getting a CLSD R200 of unknown condition.  So my question to you guys, would you wait to find a CLSD R200, or this drop in unit for essentially the same price you'd pick up a CLSD diff for. 

6 hours ago, Zed Head said:

Good point.  He must have confused his turbos.  And missed a year.  Nissan only used the CLSD in the 86-89 300ZX turbo cars.  Not the 280ZX turbos.

The other somewhat popular option is the OBX diff.  It's a knockoff though and takes some extra work to get working properly.

Just for complete accuracy in the thread, 300zx turbo from 87 - 89 had the CLSD, not the 86.