IGNORED

SU float bowl lids

siteunseen

Had to take a break!  There's football game on I'd like to watch. :huh:

First lesson I learned today is a Sharpie marker isn't suitable for this.  I used my Dremel to make a scratch in the glass all the way around.  2nd one was my work table is crookeder than my teeth.

Here's what I have set-up for Sunday morning, water hose is laying beside my chair in case of a fire.  If anyone could add some advice I would appreciate it. :)

This is just from eyeballing the tang from pictures I found on the internet.  Prior to matching pictures they were waaaaaaay too high, I was driving on drips of fuel.  

Now I'm just a few millimeters off.  In the morning they'll be perfect at 23mm.  Thanks for everybodies help.  Cliff

DSC01678.JPG

DSC01679.JPGDSC01679.JPG

DSC01680.JPG

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Measuring closure point (Fuel level in middle axis of plate-bowl) at different degrees of  tilt will solve the "mystery" and give a nice curve as you do 0 degrees (23mm), 5 degrees (?mm), and 10 degrees (mm) as well as -5 degrees (?mm), and -10 degrees (mm) .

I noticed something while doing the first set-up and will be able to tell more tomorrow.  The way these floats are made I could swear they make the level a touch higher towards the back, compensating for the motor tilt.  Can you see it in this photo?  Looks pretty level looking at it now.  For once in my life I may be wrong! :shhhh:

DSC01679.JPG

13 minutes ago, 240260280 said:

Can you compare the fuel height with water...

I'm sorry, I understand what you're saying now.  When I get mine set I can do it with water and get the measurements using water.  As far as that goes, once I get mine set I'll do anything I can to help others in the future.  You may get a phone call for helpful ways of doing this correctly. :)

Measuring closure point (Fuel level in middle axis of plate-bowl) at different degrees of  tilt will solve the "mystery" and give a nice curve as you do 0 degrees (23mm), 5 degrees (?mm), and 10 degrees (mm) as well as -5 degrees (?mm), and -10 degrees (mm) .