IGNORED

Black Dragon parts catalog

DreamingZs

I just recently purchased a 240z that needs a bunch of parts. In my search, I haven't found any sites like a Moss parts catalog except for the  Black dragon website. The site says it is closing this part of their business down. It looks like exactly the kind of site that would be good for our cars. Does anyone know of any other sites with a nice catalog where parts seems reasonable??

Motorsport Auto has their catalog on CD, and you can search their website. I'm not sure what you mean by "reasonable". There are some vendors who seem to price their parts high. Perhaps they are willing to wait for supply to dry up and demand to become high enough that people are willing to pay those prices. People like @esprist may look like they are charging a lot, but it isn't cheap to commission reproductions that look like the originals and will hold up. 

There used to be one or two other suppliers about 20 years ago. They dropped the Z and focused on more profitable lineups.

I'm not sure what it is about the Z car, but not too many vendors can make a living off of supporting us.

One thing I suggest is to support this site and buy a copy of the parts CD. @Mike can tell you how. With CD, you can look up factory part numbers. You can take those part numbers to your local Nissan dealer or try http://www.courtesyparts.com. Courtesy Nissan has been supporting the community for a long time. Their website frequently can tell you whether or not the part is still available.

Edited by SteveJ

Howdy, I just joined this today because I recently bought a 260z a few months, as well.

I wanted to ask you guys where or who  you'd recommend to get a rebuilt 5 speed transmission from.  Looking for a 280b, from an 81-83 zx, I think.  the close ratio with the 1 to.75 5th gear ratio.   Any recommendations for me?   I noticed above the places you said to stay away from...

16 hours ago, goldmember said:

Howdy, I just joined this today because I recently bought a 260z a few months, as well.

I wanted to ask you guys where or who  you'd recommend to get a rebuilt 5 speed transmission from.  Looking for a 280b, from an 81-83 zx, I think.  the close ratio with the 1 to.75 5th gear ratio.   Any recommendations for me?   I noticed above the places you said to stay away from...

If you want you can just swap on a new 240sx gearbox with some modification on the bell housing. But I think Datsun spirit and Rebello racing both do rebuild gearbox.