IGNORED

Paltech carb rebuild

jeanp

• 1 month later...

Ok for those interested in this project.

Did have a hardtime tuning the carbs. First there was a little peace of junk in the gas tube the hard part under the float bowl.

This thing was acting like a butterfly but without control on it so sometimes the carb was ok and sometimes there was no or

almost no gas going to the jet. It got obvious when at a moment it shut and stayed shut. After removing it  I rebalanced everything

And the carbs are running great now.  Just need to change a choke cable that is not working properly. I would recommand

Paltech Anytime. But you need to know how to adjust and debug carbs when you put them back in. This is not

plug and play.

5 hours ago, jeanp said:

Ok for those interested in this project.

Did have a hardtime tuning the carbs. First there was a little peace of junk in the gas tube the hard part under the float bowl.

This thing was acting like a butterfly but without control on it so sometimes the carb was ok and sometimes there was no or

almost no gas going to the jet. It got obvious when at a moment it shut and stayed shut. After removing it  I rebalanced everything

And the carbs are running great now.  Just need to change a choke cable that is not working properly. I would recommand

Paltech Anytime. But you need to know how to adjust and debug carbs when you put them back in. This is not

plug and play.

What was plugging? the bowl to jet fuel line? I can't imagine what it could have been. I thought the lines were new?

• 1 month later...

Lines where new there was a round flat peace of junk the size of the hole in the botom of the bowl.

it was stuck in the hole the hard part of the bowl not in the line itself.

it was sometime closing everything and sometime open.

It may have come from the job i had done on my fuel rails.

I had them powder coated last winter also. So i cannot say that paltech left this there or it traveled from the fuel rail.

• Like 1

I have only had one experience with Paltech, as he refurbished the DCOEs on my Roadster.  Car would not run after very well. He had installed one of the venturis in backwards... :facepalm:

They do look fantastic though.  As my old DCOE's on my Z are getting older and 'wearing' in, I think they could use a bit of a tune up.  I may try myself, but we will see. I do love playing with carbs.  Have not done a total rebuild on one since my Holley 4150 days.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi
  • Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:44 AM, Zedyone_kenobi said:

I have only had one experience with Paltech, as he refurbished the DCOEs on my Roadster.  Car would not run after very well. He had installed one of the venturis in backwards... :facepalm:

They do look fantastic though.  As my old DCOE's on my Z are getting older and 'wearing' in, I think they could use a bit of a tune up.  I may try myself, but we will see. I do love playing with carbs.  Have not done a total rebuild on one since my Holley 4150 days.

Thank you for those SUs by the way....they are about to finally go on a car.