IGNORED

Float-Sync

Randalla

I purchased a set of these about 6 weeks ago, it took me 3 tries to set the floats correctly .  the car never ran so good, as he states in the instructions to measure up 9/16" and that is the correct setting. my floats were 7/16" up and always had hard starting when it sat for a while, the car runs perfect now. I did the mm measurement also and it was a pita to do blowing in the fuel line while lifting up the float and taking a measurement.  it was never right no matter how much I kept playing with the floats . this tool is a must!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job randy 

Edited by kully 560
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, vspot11 said:

Are you still selling the Float sync tool? I cant find it on ebay. I saw your video an think this may be my problem, I would like to test it. 

Thank you 

Have you opened the float bowls lid to see if you have fuel in the bowls? Do you think your floats are too high or too low?

I figured out a quick fuel bowl test not long ago. Common sense but I'm a little slow.

IF you can find a clear straw that will fit down inside the overflow bung on top you can stick it down and put your finger on the top end holding the level in place. Compare the fuel in the straw from the bottom to the top of the rectangular boss on the float bowl to see how close you are.

I used a straw off a can of Quick Stuff foam insulation BTW. It's thicker plastic than a coffee straw.

Look at this picture to see where the fuel should be.

Hope it helps. It's a quick way just to get an idea. There's a lot more precise ways and I personally use this method with the clear hose for a better "quick and dirty" carb adjustment.

post-12190-14150824441192.jpg

I have completely going through the carbs and cleaned and replaced multiple things on recommendation of z therapy. I have a 280 that was carbed and it runs rich like can't sit in the garage for more than 10 min without hurting your eyes. I replaced the fuel system, just turned the fuel reg down to 1 and did not change it. I am going to try the idea you have in the picture, that should work. Thank you for the response. 

• Agree 1

It sounds like the fuel regulator my dealership used back in 1974. When the dealership did the electric pump on my 73 they put a round adjustable, shinney silver fuel regulator between the Engine bay fuel filter and the mech fuel pump which they left in the circuit. The regulator was maybe 2.5 - 3 inches with a dial on the top with labeled detent stops labeled something like 1 through 6.

• Like 1