Is it common for... - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Is it common for...

Featured Replies

No..

You can still buy the inner seal and outer O-ring from Nissan.

Inner Seal = 32709-14600

Outer O-Ring = 32710-14600

Do you mean at the speedometer or at the transmission?  there are a couple of o-rings n the ned of the cable sheath.  I think that CO has posted on fixing that problem.  People have reported fluid all the way up the speedometer.  Not sure how that happens.

I replaced mine just a couple months ago.  Common?  No.  Eventual? Yes.  :D

Dennis

 

I thought a bee stung me as I drove my 240 on a hot day. No bee, just gear oil that dripped on my ankle from the rag the PO had pushed up into the dash.

The speedo cable turns, oil climbs up the cable, leaking O-rings and presto you have gear oil on your leg.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
11 hours ago, Chickenman said:

No..

You can still buy the inner seal and outer O-ring from Nissan.

Inner Seal = 32709-14600

Outer O-Ring = 32710-14600

Thank you Chickenman.  I'll get those and replace. 

  • Author

$5 for both. I at first thought it was the slave cylinder hose leaking. New crush washers were my next move then I'd have to bleed that again, PITA.

I put a empty (of course) beer case box under there a couple of days ago and saw it was coming off the speedo cable.

Thanks guys, you've saved me again. 8^)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.