IGNORED

Z Island Gold Coin

Hardway

I received this coin with some parts I bought,  I honestly did not know I had it until months later as it had been wrapped up.  I figured it was washers or something but just recently unwrapped it.  I can see it was for an event in July 2011.  Can anyone on here tell me me the story behind this?  I can see it is numbered, how many were made?  Is it truly gold plated or something else?  I am not a coin guy but it is definitely cool and now has a spot in my office along with my other Z stuff.

ZCoin01.jpg

ZCoin02.jpg

ZCoin03.jpg

Edited by Hardway
  • Like 1

I have several of them that I received with items I purchased from seller "connatser" on E-bay.

His offerings are always spot on and often real genuine NOS--no BS--part numbers almost always included.

Connatser is one and the same as William Stokes aka  "hls30.com" from this site.

He was the first to coin (pardon the pun) the term "Zunobtanium" and was obviously instrumental in the production of this for the convention.

Will does not post nearly as much as he did years ago.

He has been into the Z car scene forever, is/was a Coastal Z Club official and is a certified judge at ZCCA conventions.

The coin commemorates the 2011 ZCCA International Convention held in Savannah, GA. and is serial numbered. I have number 239, among others, and cherish them all. No, I do not think it is real gold but the color and heft would make one wonder!

It is a very, very nice commemorative and exemplifies the best of  what these conventions should be.

I miss his posts as they were always informative and insightful.

Here's hoping everything is well with you and yours Will if you read this!

And thanks to you Hardway for bringing this up----I have thought that it was certainly worthy of a post of its own but am too forgetful at times.

I can attest to the parts authenticity & quality from Will.  Thru Zup, I purchased a NOS set of window frame rubber seals for my 77z.  Only a bit more expensive than reproduction seals, the fit was excellent and they came sealed in the Nissan bags, in perfect condition.

The seals were apparently one of the continuing improvements Nissan made in 75 as the S30 design evolved.

• 3 years later...

So glad to see your post Will.

I consider you a giant among the "old guard" CZCC posters that were the early inspiration for me to follow. You, 26thZ, Bambikiller, Enrique, Beandip, Arne----you know the crew I refer to.

High hopes that your health issues improve and that we hear from you more often.

It would really be special to meet you and extend a handshake in Nashville next year!

All the Best to you Will!

Zup

• Like 2

Thanks Guys!  I REALLY appreciate the kind words!  My health has been steadily improving, and I am getting back into the Z community!   I am also sewing up a move, so while I am a lot more active, I have a good number of things on my plate-that said I am getting my garage ready for sewing up some stalled 240Z projects in addition to sewing up my Z32 'verts.  I am already holding my schedule for Zcon next year-and hoping to lend a hand in it!  I do miss the old crew, but  I hope to meet all of you there and be a part of a new one, and explore your Zs!   Every time I see a 240Z I have to fight the urge to bring it home...and to get elbow deep in it!  or immersed in conversation about it!   This weekend I'll be going through your pics here and getting to know your Z adventureZ! 

Edited by hls30.com
  • Like 3