IGNORED

HLS30-01121 Gets A New Life

CHL240Z

I saw this in person last Friday and it is an absolute work of art.  The underside coating, body paint and interior work are all just incredible.  This is way better than any factory shell that has been produced.  I think that I would be afraid to touch it.  Congrats and enjoy.

@motorman7, thanks for the kind words!  I was a little worried about going with the lizard skin but after it was done I was glad that I did and I think it came out nicely.  Now it is time to start piecing it together.  Good news, I just got ordered to stay in San Diego for 4 more years so there is no need to rush the project.  I am following your thread very closely and hoping I can make mine look as good as what you are doing.

• Like 1

It looks fantastic!  And I have also been thinking about the lizard skin so thanks for that ...

And so ... I HATE to bring this up ... but I think those rails are from a 73 + car, not another 70...because of the 3 holes along the front lower section of the rails for the bumper mount ....

13 hours ago, CHL240Z said:

@jfa.series1 Jim, thanks! It seems like so long ago (pre-forum days) that I reached out to you and you shared your excel spreadsheet breakdown of your restoration.  I don't know if you even remember that, but it meant a lot and gave me a starting point.

Hello Clay,

Yes - I recalled that we had connected a while back.  Thanks for refreshing me on the details.  I'm looking forward to watching your progress now that the car is back from paint - assembly is going to be so much fun!

Jim