IGNORED

Best Currently Available Dry Tire for 15x7

DaveR

So I've looked around a lot, read a lot of threads from many different forums and really looked at what I want out of the tire.

Currently I am debating between the Yokohama S.Drives and Direzza DZ102.  Considering I am just beginning my Z ownership, and have a while before I fully trust/know the car and its limits... I think a more well rounded tire suits me better. Ride comfort and low noise being very important, and crisp steering and response being secondary. When I get to the point where I can make use of the higher performance then I will consider something more.

The tires are looking like they will be 205/55R15.  It's a bit smaller than stock height, 23.8 vs 24.7... but hopefully it looks good enough with my stock suspension (for now). Ultimately I will lower it a tad, and hopefully it fills out better then. I know the DZ102's are supposed to run narrow, so that's a piece of information for people concerned about rubbing. (Dunlop says 8.4" wide at 205/55)

I read whatever is around for the new DZ102's and very early feedback seems decent. I know the DZ101's were very questionable in the wet, but the new design appears to be much improved. There is a good miata boards thread i came across with good feedback from another light coupe platform, and it seems like a good compromise. Plus it's a new tire, with a new mold for that size... so hopefully they will be around for a bit.

Anyway, I'm sure I will have feedback about them (albeit with no other Z tires to compare them to) so feel free to message me in the future if I do end up buying them.  The S.Drives are a bit more proven, but the worry about being noisy is really what turned me off, I don't want to deal with that whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On February 4, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Zedyone_kenobi said:

8003510184_4a7d0e1093_b.jpg

205/55/15 yokohama S drives

on 15x7 Panasports 0 offset.

Zedy.....I love your car. BTW....is that rear spoiler the same color as the car? I think I predicted it would be if it is......a beautiful Z!!!!!

Regards

Guy

I have not even put on my new rear spoiler. I did take some plastidip and painted the rear spoiler on the car now. It was okay, but the color was off. I was thinking of doing a summer of the race car look, with a wrapped rear spoiler a wrapped hood and some of those nice flat black Koenigs sold by MSA.  But not sure now. The car is so clean in the silver. I am now sort of thinking about starting to save for a new coat of paint next year.  It is really my cars weakest link.  The paint is 5 foot functional, but I would love to see it really shine.

I keep pics of all your cars saved Guy! :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...

Since I installed my new suspension I sit about a half inch higher than I use to. I wonder if I could run a 60 series profile now instead of a 55.  I may have to try if I ever get around to wearing out these things. I think I only have 2000 miles on them LOL

also Lumens, silver with burgundy.. DROOOOOOL

• 2 weeks later...